Falling for Love
Don't forget to check out the new Word of the Day! Very Happy
Falling for Love
Don't forget to check out the new Word of the Day! Very Happy
Falling for Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place dedicated to Western-Egyptian relationships, where those who have experience can share, and those who are just beginning can explore.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Share Your Rice Recipes Here!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Misr_is_Love
Administrator
Misr_is_Love

Contributions Made: : 228

Share Your Rice Recipes Here! Empty
PostSubject: Share Your Rice Recipes Here!   Share Your Rice Recipes Here! EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 7:20 pm

If you have ever been to Egypt, or know someone from there, you will know that the staple food above all others is rice. One thing that I noticed about rice in Egypt is that it sticks together, making it possible to mold into different shapes and eat more easily than the rice that I grew up with in the United States. So, to satisfy that itch of wonder that I know all of you have at this moment Wink, I will treat you all to my recipe for how to master Egyptian rice.

What you'll need:

- 3 cups water
- 2 cups white rice
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil

Notes:

I prefer to use corn oil, as it brings out the taste in the rice. Also, since Egyptian rice is so expensive in the US (you may purchase Egyptian rice at any Arabic food store, and some international food stores) we use white long grain rice from Great Value, that works just as well.

What to do:

Combine the water, rice, oil and salt in a pot. Cover the pot and let simmer for roughly one minute. Reduce the heat to low, and let cook for about 15 to 20 minutes, or until the rice is soft and moist. Let stand for 2 minutes, and serve. The rice should be sticky, salt, and everso flavorful. Good luck!
Back to top Go down
http://oneheartinegypt.blogspot.com/

Share Your Rice Recipes Here!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Falling for Love :: Egyptian Recipes-
Jump to: