Falling for Love
Don't forget to check out the new Word of the Day! Very Happy
Falling for Love
Don't forget to check out the new Word of the Day! Very Happy
Falling for Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place dedicated to Western-Egyptian relationships, where those who have experience can share, and those who are just beginning can explore.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where would YOU live???

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
YallaBina
Obsessed Poster
Obsessed Poster
YallaBina

Contributions Made: : 145

Where would YOU live??? Empty
PostSubject: Where would YOU live???   Where would YOU live??? EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 3:43 am

If you were living in Egypt with your man (permanently)...and could only live in one city without traveling to any other places...

Which city would YOU want to live in and why?

This question is for everyone...even those of us who have never been. What would you choose? And remember, you're stuck there forever...so choose wisely lol.

Back to top Go down
Misr_is_Love
Administrator
Misr_is_Love

Contributions Made: : 228

PostSubject: Re: Where would YOU live???   Where would YOU live??? EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 11:57 am

Hmm... That's a tough one! Honestly, I hate Cairo. I don't like the atmosphere of the place, or the people that I've had to deal with there. I realize that because they're the capitol they have probably the most options of anywhere for what you can buy. On the other hand, I don't know if I would want to sacrifice my happiness for material things.

A lot of people say Alexandria, but my experiences there were short-lived and I don't remember it being "modern" or "clean" or "amazing" like some claim. I think that they just love the beaches there, and that it makes most people not care how the rest of the city looks.

Even though Sharm was deadly hot, I liked that there were so many people there with whom I could associate myself. I loved being able to speak English, and not be confined all the time. I also liked being able to work in a place where tourists from all over the world would come. I got to meet a lot of new people and learn about a lot of different cultures (which is what I love about life in general), and while I didn't enjoy everything about Sharm in the least bit, I would probably have to choose to be there (if I wasn't allowed to travel to anywhere else for the rest of my life).
Back to top Go down
http://oneheartinegypt.blogspot.com/
YallaBina
Obsessed Poster
Obsessed Poster
YallaBina

PostSubject: Re: Where would YOU live???   Where would YOU live??? EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 3:32 am

I know I've never been to Egypt...but after learning about the different cities...I would choose...

sunny Sharm El Sheikh sunny

For the mix of nationalities, the sea, the shopping, and the nightlife Wink
Back to top Go down
Misr_is_Love
Administrator
Misr_is_Love

PostSubject: Re: Where would YOU live???   Where would YOU live??? EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 11:53 am

Sounds like a great plan. Smile It's rough being so far from "the main land" (ie Cairo and the rest of the Delta) but it's worth it, if you want to live with people you can talk to, lol.
Back to top Go down
Misr_is_Love
Administrator
Misr_is_Love

PostSubject: Re: Where would YOU live???   Where would YOU live??? EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 5:15 pm

Hey Ashley,

I don't know if you've visited this link before or not, but if you haven't, you should check it out to get an idea of what's available in Sharm.Sharm el Sheikh Realestate
Back to top Go down
YallaBina
Obsessed Poster
Obsessed Poster
YallaBina

PostSubject: Re: Where would YOU live???   Where would YOU live??? EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 9:18 pm

Misr_is_Love wrote:
Hey Ashley,

I don't know if you've visited this link before or not, but if you haven't, you should check it out to get an idea of what's available in Sharm.Sharm el Sheikh Realestate

Thanks Claire! I'll check it out!
Back to top Go down
Misr_is_Love
Administrator
Misr_is_Love

PostSubject: Re: Where would YOU live???   Where would YOU live??? EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 1:56 pm

My husband thinks that the prices of things might be higher than normal, at the moment, because of the trop in tourism from the revolution and everything. I've had a lot of friends who were living in Sharm go home, and I think it's for that very reason. However, that does make the job market a little better, in that it shouldn't be as hard to find a job if people are leaving. On the other hand, if there aren't a lot of tourists, they may not be hiring.

Hey, you should ask Peter if he knows a man in Dahab named Mohsen. I don't know his last name, but he lives pretty close to the Sea where that long strip of shops is. There is a side of the shops with a bridge, and Mohsen lives on the other side. He's supposedly pretty famous there in Dahab, which is why I ask. He has a few houses there, and has one son and is married to a woman from... Sweden? I think it's Sweden, and she teaches English at the international school there. Anyway, I'd be interested to know if he's ever heard of him. He's a nut job, lol.
Back to top Go down
YallaBina
Obsessed Poster
Obsessed Poster
YallaBina

PostSubject: Re: Where would YOU live???   Where would YOU live??? EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 7:00 pm

It's the other way around for Dahab...you can find some nice deals now...people looking to rent long term, rather than weekly. And the second point you made about finding work is what I've heard. Many hotels closed temporarily after Jan 25th. They sent people packing...so now, it's harder to find work...there's not the huge demand. And I imagine you will have a hard time finding anything unless you already know someone working there. Have you seen the Sharm Women Job Board? Oh my goodness all the people looking for work! That's why I hope the tourism will be a little better when I come. I think it will take some time for it to get back where it once was. But, yalla yalla I hope! ***However, I did hear that things are better in Sharm, and they had an increase last month in the number of tourists (YAY!)...but Dahab is bouncing back a lil slower.

I will ask Peter about a Mohsen. He does work with a Mohsen, but I can tell it's not the same guy from your description of him hehe.
Back to top Go down
Misr_is_Love
Administrator
Misr_is_Love

PostSubject: Re: Where would YOU live???   Where would YOU live??? EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 8:39 pm

The Mohsen I mentioned, I think, doesn't even work. I'm not sure, but I think he sits at home all day in his pj's under his date tree that he refers to as his beautiful garden..

Why did they close after January? That was before the revolution, did something else cause them to send people home? I don't pay attention to the Sharm Women job board, but it's a bummer that it's so hard to find work there right now. Christmas usually brings in lots of guests, so hopefully you're right that it will pick up soon. People don't have to go on vacations, but I assume that those who want to go at Christmas will try to go regardless of the economy. Fingers crossed!

YallaBina wrote:

It's the other way around for Dahab...you can find some nice deals now...people looking to rent long term, rather than weekly. And the second point you made about finding work is what I've heard. Many hotels closed temporarily after Jan 25th. They sent people packing...so now, it's harder to find work...there's not the huge demand. And I imagine you will have a hard time finding anything unless you already know someone working there. Have you seen the Sharm Women Job Board? Oh my goodness all the people looking for work! That's why I hope the tourism will be a little better when I come. I think it will take some time for it to get back where it once was. But, yalla yalla I hope! ***However, I did hear that things are better in Sharm, and they had an increase last month in the number of tourists (YAY!)...but Dahab is bouncing back a lil slower.

I will ask Peter about a Mohsen. He does work with a Mohsen, but I can tell it's not the same guy from your description of him hehe.
Back to top Go down
lanita1000
Contributor
Contributor
lanita1000

Contributions Made: : 90

PostSubject: Re: Where would YOU live???   Where would YOU live??? EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 1:15 am

Any one know anything about Marsa Matrouh ?? Love the crystal blue waters and white sands. Looks very beautiful. My mish mish lives in Cairo so other than that , I do not know much about other parts of Egypt Sad
Back to top Go down
YallaBina
Obsessed Poster
Obsessed Poster
YallaBina

PostSubject: Re: Where would YOU live???   Where would YOU live??? EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 1:19 am

Misr_is_Love wrote:
The Mohsen I mentioned, I think, doesn't even work. I'm not sure, but I think he sits at home all day in his pj's under his date tree that he refers to as his beautiful garden..

Why did they close after January? That was before the revolution, did something else cause them to send people home? I don't pay attention to the Sharm Women job board, but it's a bummer that it's so hard to find work there right now. Christmas usually brings in lots of guests, so hopefully you're right that it will pick up soon. People don't have to go on vacations, but I assume that those who want to go at Christmas will try to go regardless of the economy. Fingers crossed!

Ohhhhhh you know what I mean! LOL After the Egyptian Revolution...which has the date of Jan 25th.

After all that happened, hardly anyone was coming. His hotel went from FULL to 12 people!!!! Yikes! Many were forced to close temporarily. Some have opened again, some remain closed.
Back to top Go down
YallaBina
Obsessed Poster
Obsessed Poster
YallaBina

PostSubject: Re: Where would YOU live???   Where would YOU live??? EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 5:02 am

Misr_is_Love wrote:

Nope, he doesn't know this Mohsen...and the more I think about it, I said that correct about Jan 25th. That started the revolution. So I was mazboot when I said that After Jan. 25th some hotels closed down. That was after, not before the revolution Smile hehe
Back to top Go down
Misr_is_Love
Administrator
Misr_is_Love

PostSubject: Re: Where would YOU live???   Where would YOU live??? EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 8:51 pm

lol, was the revolution not in March/ April? I'm so confused!!! Sobbing
Back to top Go down
YallaBina
Obsessed Poster
Obsessed Poster
YallaBina

PostSubject: Re: Where would YOU live???   Where would YOU live??? EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 8:55 pm

Misr_is_Love wrote:
lol, was the revolution not in March/ April? I'm so confused!!! Sobbing

hahahaha too funny Smile It started at the end of January. Time flys, doesn't it! I just remember because I had a hard time contacting Peter for a while when they shut off cell phones and shut down the internet. Can't forget that mess!
Back to top Go down
Misr_is_Love
Administrator
Misr_is_Love

PostSubject: Re: Where would YOU live???   Where would YOU live??? EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 9:04 pm

Wow... that's nuts!! Indeed, time does fly. :O
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where would YOU live???   Where would YOU live??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Where would YOU live???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Falling for Love :: Living in Egypt-
Jump to: