Falling for Love
Don't forget to check out the new Word of the Day! Very Happy
Falling for Love
Don't forget to check out the new Word of the Day! Very Happy
Falling for Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place dedicated to Western-Egyptian relationships, where those who have experience can share, and those who are just beginning can explore.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Yay for new holidays...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
YallaBina
Obsessed Poster
Obsessed Poster
YallaBina

Contributions Made: : 145

Yay for new holidays... Empty
PostSubject: Yay for new holidays...   Yay for new holidays... EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 2:58 am

I figured with today being a holiday here in America, I would post this question...

Which American holiday will YOU be most excited about sharing with your habibi?

And for Claire and Mo:

What American holiday did Mo enjoy the most after coming here?

Happy Labor Day!
Back to top Go down
YallaBina
Obsessed Poster
Obsessed Poster
YallaBina

PostSubject: Re: Yay for new holidays...   Yay for new holidays... EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 2:59 am

Ohhhhh! And MissIrish!

What Irish holiday would you like to share most with your man?
Back to top Go down
lanita1000
Contributor
Contributor
lanita1000

Contributions Made: : 90

PostSubject: Re: Yay for new holidays...   Yay for new holidays... EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 3:14 am

VALENTINES DAY I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
YallaBina
Obsessed Poster
Obsessed Poster
YallaBina

PostSubject: Re: Yay for new holidays...   Yay for new holidays... EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 3:29 am

lanita1000 wrote:
VALENTINES DAY I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you

Awwwwww, helwa awyyyyyyyy Missing Someone

And we're lucky...we get 2 Valentines Days...Feb 14th for us, and Nov 4th in Egypt!

I'm really excited about introducing Peter to Thanksgiving...so he can have a nice big dinner with my crazy family lol. And I know Christmas is not an American holiday, but when we have children, I'm excited to share our American style Christmas with him. Like gifts from Santa for the kids Smile

BUT, I can't wait to see his face on Halloween when everyone is running around in costumes lol affraid
Back to top Go down
lanita1000
Contributor
Contributor
lanita1000

Contributions Made: : 90

PostSubject: Re: Yay for new holidays...   Yay for new holidays... EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 3:54 am

I can't wait for my love to be here during Halloween.... He asked me what costume will we wear our first Halloween together LOL I really didn't have any ideas at the time..I will think about it more when the time is closer for him to come to the states.. I can't wait for this day to happen it is driving me crazy... Yay for new holidays... 230114288
Back to top Go down
Misr_is_Love
Administrator
Misr_is_Love

Contributions Made: : 228

PostSubject: Re: Yay for new holidays...   Yay for new holidays... EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 12:18 pm

Nice question!

And Happy Labor Day to everyone out there too! Very Happy

Hmm, well, before Mohamed got here, I was really excited to share Christmas with him, as that is my favorite celebration of the whole year. The truth is, after September starts, it's just one bit celebration at my house until after New Year's. We have my parents anniversary September 1, mine and Mohamed's September 15, my sister's birthday September 25, Mohamed's birthday October 3, Halloween October 31, My grandparents both have birthdays at the beginning of November, Thanksgiving around the 20th of November, my birthday is November 28th, then Christmas is a whole month of festivities (decorating, shopping, buying a Christmas tree, parties, driving around looking at the Christmas lights, baking, listening to Christmas music), Christmas Eve dinner, and then of course Christmas day. Then immediately after that is New Year's, so when September begins, I'm pretty much excited until January 2nd! Very Happy And while it's not a constant celebration, I tend to see it as one, because it's like the celebrations never let up. Wink

Sometimes my birthday falls on Thanksgiving, and then we celebrate my birthday and Thanksgiving together. My grandfather owns a hunting lodge in the woods, and we all go there for Thanksgiving. Up until two years ago, we would have about 200 family members there every year (from my mother's father's side alone...) and we would all have a big feast and eat homemade ice cream from the ice cream machine, and ride four-wheelers, and some people would hunt (but I'm against hunting).

This last Halloween, I talked Mohamed into dressing up to come to a party with my sister and me. Mohamed dressed up like a CSI agent (I'm proud of myself for that one, because he didn't want to dress up) and I went as a gypsy (because I once spent 400 dollars on an authentic gypsy outfit, so I think I owe it to myself to never wear anything else... Shocked )

At Christmas time, my family agreed to let us do stockings, because I wanted Mohamed to experience what it's like to find the stocking Christmas morning and open it up and everything. Christmas is huge at my grandparents house. They have a tree that is about 25 feet tall (they have a tall ceiling in their living room) and when I was little, I used to make a fort with the gifts under the tree, because it was really that huge. And my grandmother likes to buy so many gifts that they run out from under the tree and we have to stack them along the walls and under the tables, lol. Santa always brings a huge amount of fruits and nuts and candy, and my grandmother always makes sausage balls and hot apple cider. Very Happy *Sigh* Of course, now that we are all older, Christmas is a little less exciting, because everyone makes plans to do things with their friends or their boyfriends and girlfriends come over (which is weird... because unless they plan on getting married, I don't know why they're coming to a family celebration...). However, Mohamed loved Christmas. He is like a little kid when he gets excited, and we all had a fun time watching his facial expressions with all of the gifts. He kept saying things like, "I get something ELSE?! Grand (what we call my grandmother) I don't need all of this stuff...." and my grandmother would laugh and say, "Stop complaining, or I'll take it back" and Mohamed would get this shocked look on his face and say, "Oh, please don't..." santa
Back to top Go down
http://oneheartinegypt.blogspot.com/
HollyBerree

Contributions Made: : 27

PostSubject: Re: Yay for new holidays...   Yay for new holidays... EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 2:01 pm

remove

Last edited by HollyBerree on Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Misr_is_Love
Administrator
Misr_is_Love

PostSubject: Re: Yay for new holidays...   Yay for new holidays... EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 2:14 pm

Haha, cute! Is Independence Day because of the fireworks? Mohamed LOVES fireworks...

What does Hosam want to dress up as for Halloween? Wink

HolleeBerree wrote:
I just asked Hosam this question and he says he wants to really experience 4th of July and Halloween. Interesting picks I think. afro
Back to top Go down
YallaBina
Obsessed Poster
Obsessed Poster
YallaBina

PostSubject: Re: Yay for new holidays...   Yay for new holidays... EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 6:48 pm

Claire, that sounds like a nice Thanksgiving and Christmas! Wish I could go to that lodge with you all! Sounds amazing.

Hollee, I'm guessing it's for the fireworks too lol. Who doesn't love watching them...and shooting off your own, of course!

And girls, for Halloween I plan to be sooooo cliche! My man is going as King Tut! (or well, a pharaoh) farao ...I might have to be good ol' Cleo Wink And, I know my family here will love it, and get a kick out of it.
Back to top Go down
HollyBerree

Contributions Made: : 27

PostSubject: Re: Yay for new holidays...   Yay for new holidays... EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 7:25 pm

remove

Last edited by HollyBerree on Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Misr_is_Love
Administrator
Misr_is_Love

PostSubject: Re: Yay for new holidays...   Yay for new holidays... EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 8:22 pm

Um, this is a picture requirement!!! I'm so excited to see this, lol. I did well just getting Mohamed into the CSI jacket and sunglasses. Laughing I hope that you invest in a good costume though. Can't go cheap with your Egyptian!! Razz

Ashley, do you know those long tables that fold up? They have new ones made of plastic, but they used to always be really old and made out of... something heavy, lol. I think it was some sort of weird cork stuff that was topped with a plastic lining that looked like wood. Anyway, at Thanksgiving, we would have THREE of those set up in a long row, with food on both sides as a buffet, plus a pretty big dessert table. If my grandparents still did that, I would have definitely invited you! I'm the only person who has never invited a friend to Thanksgiving, lol.

YallaBina wrote:
Claire, that sounds like a nice Thanksgiving and Christmas! Wish I could go to that lodge with you all! Sounds amazing.

Hollee, I'm guessing it's for the fireworks too lol. Who doesn't love watching them...and shooting off your own, of course!

And girls, for Halloween I plan to be sooooo cliche! My man is going as King Tut! (or well, a pharaoh) farao ...I might have to be good ol' Cleo Wink And, I know my family here will love it, and get a kick out of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Yay for new holidays...   Yay for new holidays... Empty

Back to top Go down

Yay for new holidays...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Falling for Love :: Relationships with Egyptians-
Jump to: