Falling for Love
Don't forget to check out the new Word of the Day! Very Happy
Falling for Love
Don't forget to check out the new Word of the Day! Very Happy
Falling for Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place dedicated to Western-Egyptian relationships, where those who have experience can share, and those who are just beginning can explore.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Did You Know?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Misr_is_Love
Administrator
Misr_is_Love

Contributions Made: : 228

Did You Know? Empty
PostSubject: Did You Know?   Did You Know? EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 9:18 pm

So, Ashley brought up a story from her past, about how she loved studying Egypt when she was younger. This brings up a great question:

Did you any of you Western girls dream about Egypt when you were younger?
Back to top Go down
http://oneheartinegypt.blogspot.com/
Misr_is_Love
Administrator
Misr_is_Love

Contributions Made: : 228

Did You Know? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did You Know?   Did You Know? EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 9:23 pm

I remember that when I was 9 years old, I dressed up as Cleopatra for Halloween, and decided that I wasn't ready to stop being her after the holiday was over, so I just kept pretending that I was Cleopatra for a few more weeks.

I also remember, before I even met my husband, I was going to study Anthropology (which is still my study, just with a different emphasis) and become an Egyptologist. XD

I'm not sure what else...

I always knew that I wasn't going to marry a man from the US (and my husband told me that he also felt from the time he was in high school that he wouldn't marry a girl from Egypt, but he didn't expect to actually meet a foreign girl).

I will say though, after I met my husband and we fell in love, all I could see was Egypt!! Everything, from the random coloring page my Chemistry teacher gave me before the AP test, to songs that would play over the intercom in stores and restaurants and hotels, to movie references, book titles, online games I had been playing for years, and even a necklace that was given to me as a gift from my cousin (who didn't know about my husband at the time).
Back to top Go down
http://oneheartinegypt.blogspot.com/
YallaBina
Obsessed Poster
Obsessed Poster
YallaBina

Contributions Made: : 145

Did You Know? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did You Know?   Did You Know? EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 12:07 am

Misr_is_Love wrote:

I will say though, after I met my husband and we fell in love, all I could see was Egypt!! Everything, from the random coloring page my Chemistry teacher gave me before the AP test, to songs that would play over the intercom in stores and restaurants and hotels, to movie references, book titles, online games I had been playing for years, and even a necklace that was given to me as a gift from my cousin (who didn't know about my husband at the time).

I agree with this point! If anything has Egypt on it or in it, I notice it! Movies, books, songs etc. I'm seeing Egypt everywhere lol. And the best is watching old movies that I've loved for years, and now enjoying them even more because it has something to do with Egypt hehe. And ever since I've been with my love, I've seen several tv shows about Egypt. Like I LOVE House Hunters International. One day they had an episode about an American woman and Egyptian man living in Cali, and they were moving to Cairo. I've seen a couple shows about Muslims in Egypt, and a show on the Muslim Brotherhood. And of course, all the shows about the pyramids, mummies, and pharaohs.

I have a little brother, 12 years old, and he does the same. Just the other day, he was reading a Goosebumps book about a mummy, and he came to me and started reading the part about the kid's family going to Egypt for vacation. And yesterday, he went to the public library with his school, and asked the man working if they had any books on Egypt (he was referring to a series of books for kids about different countries). The man checked and it wasn't at this particular library, so he ended up getting a book on France instead lol study Then, when he told me about it, he says, "That stupid library didn't have that book about Egypt. How could they not have it?". And he said it in the cutest grumpiest voice ever Smile

My fascination with Egypt started when I was 11 years old. In 6th grade, my History/Geography teacher spent a lot of time teaching about Egypt because that years class trip was to Egypt. I remember I wanted to go soooo badly and begged my parents. But, the trip came with a hefty price tag. But anyways, she talked a lot about Egypt's history. I still remember her telling us about how we should dress if we visited Egypt...and telling us things we should avoid doing while there. I'm pretty sure she had all of us kids freaked out LOL. I wounder if anyone signed up for the trip after that discussion? scratch hehehe. But I also remember her detailed discussions about mummification...which we all thought was pretty cool lol farao
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Did You Know? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Did You Know?   Did You Know? Empty

Back to top Go down

Did You Know?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Falling for Love :: Relationships with Egyptians-
Jump to: