Falling for Love
Don't forget to check out the new Word of the Day! Very Happy

A place dedicated to Western-Egyptian relationships, where those who have experience can share, and those who are just beginning can explore.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

SPORTS IN EGYPT

Go down 
AuthorMessage
lanita1000
Contributor
Contributor

Contributions Made: : 90

PostSubject: SPORTS IN EGYPT   Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:58 am

WHAT is the most popular sport in Egypt?? I love American Football. My love has seen it when we are talking and i point the cam towards my TV LOL.. Football is a big part of my life during football season. I do not plan anything special during the weekends that interferes with my games LOL I hope my Love likes it just as much as I do when he comes to live in the states...That would be awesome!!! I also like mixed martial arts like the kind in the (UFC) but don't think my love likes that too much. Two men beating each other up does not appeal to him Shocked I can do with out the UFC, but not football Laughing
Back to top Go down
YallaBina
Obsessed Poster
Obsessed Poster

Contributions Made: : 145

PostSubject: Re: SPORTS IN EGYPT   Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:14 am

SOCCER!!!

Gooooooo Ismaily Daraweesh Wink This is the soccer team in Ismailia, Egypt...and my fiance's favorite local team...

Back to top Go down
Misr_is_Love
Administrator

Contributions Made: : 228

PostSubject: Re: SPORTS IN EGYPT   Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:19 am

Yup, I have to agree with Ashley; it's definitely soccer. I used to tell my husband that you didn't even need to watch the game. As long as you knew who was playing, you could know the score just from listening to the screams outside. During the African world cup, instead of people screaming, there were cars honking. I don't think I slept that night until maybe 5:00 or 6:00 in the morning, just because the honking was so loud. I don't know that I would say their excitement is at the level of some European countries (like Germany -have you ever seen Germany during a football game? They go NUTS, and sometimes people get very injured or even die as a result-), but I guess they're just excited without all of the alcohol. So, it's not that their spirit is less, just that they're more controlled. Wink

My husband hates American football. Which is fine with me, because I don't like it at all either. I think we're both soccer people. Smile

Contributor
Contributor

PostSubject: Re: SPORTS IN EGYPT   Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:40 pm

Well I guess we will have to compromise because I have never cared too much for Soccer Neutral ..From what he sees when watching it with me he thinks he may like it LOL... It may also have to do with my sending him a UT (University of Texas) shirt and hat ..he knows I am an OU Sooner at heart and wants to be my rival LOL..This is kind of strange but, he already had a UT hat that he purchased years ago..He liked the Longhorn decal and burnt orange color but didn't know what it meant..Who new years later he would be marrying a girl from Austin Texas????
Back to top Go down
Misr_is_Love
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: SPORTS IN EGYPT   Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:27 pm

Hahaha... wow... That's so cool! That stuff really makes me smile. Waving Egyptian Flag

Contributor
Contributor

PostSubject: Re: SPORTS IN EGYPT   Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:27 pm

Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!! Too CUTE!!
Back to top Go down
Misr_is_Love
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: SPORTS IN EGYPT   Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:13 am

Thought that you might like that... Wink

Obsessed Poster
Obsessed Poster

Contributions Made: : 145

PostSubject: Re: SPORTS IN EGYPT   Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:20 am

lanita1000 wrote:
This is kind of strange but, he already had a UT hat that he purchased years ago..He liked the Longhorn decal and burnt orange color but didn't know what it meant..Who new years later he would be marrying a girl from Austin Texas????

How cool is that!?! See...it was meant to be! Mummy Love

And YAY! New smilies!

Egypt Football Icon
Back to top Go down
lanita1000
Contributor
Contributor

PostSubject: Re: SPORTS IN EGYPT   Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:32 pm

Well i asked my love about soccer...He is not much of a fan of soccer Shocked I couldn't believe my ears LOL..... well i hope he loves football This is off subject, but i thought it was funny. My love was in Aswan the other day touring the temples alone and he wore his UT (university of Texas) hat with his shirt and some shorts. The ticket holders stopped him and tried to make him pay the tourist admittance fee because they thought he was a tourist. He had to show his Egyptian ID. Then when some tourist overheard this and found out he was Egyptian and wearing the UT hat and shirt , they asked to take pics with him. LOL My love is so shy, but he did it anyway...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SPORTS IN EGYPT   

Back to top Go down

SPORTS IN EGYPT
Page 1 of 1