Falling for Love
Don't forget to check out the new Word of the Day! Very Happy

A place dedicated to Western-Egyptian relationships, where those who have experience can share, and those who are just beginning can explore.

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Stereotypes, Reversed...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
YallaBina
Obsessed Poster
Obsessed Poster

Contributions Made: : 145

PostSubject: Stereotypes, Reversed...   Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:20 am

So, I heard some funny things the other day, and had to share. Apparently, one of my fiance's friends knows more about America/Florida than me (Because he moved from Egypt to California 2 years ago) hehehe...

Here's some great info he shared with my fiance:

1. Florida is very hot. Hotter than Aswan. Sun Bathe
2. Living in Florida is so cheap, and houses are very cheap (I'd like to know which part of FL he is referring to...I'd love to move there) Rolling Eyes
3. American girls are dying for a wedding (referring to us having a wedding in Egypt and not in America)...I quote him as saying, "Some girls even get married and will get divorced after JUST to have a wedding. Did I miss the memo on this one? scratch
4. Most American girls, when they are younger, like 15 or 16 want to try things with as many guys as they can...the normal is like 7 or 8 guys (guess I missed the memo on this one too) lol Shocked

This is EXACTLY what he said...all of this is quoted from a convo my fiance showed me. Ohhhhhhh boy. Good thing my fiance takes him with a grain of salt lol. Sounds like he's trying to keep him away hahaha. And the crazy thing is...this man is married to an American woman! Maybe she did #4 when she was younger...doesn't mean I did lol! And, what would she think if she knew he said this about American women affraid If my fiance said these things to his friends...uhhh ohhhh watch out! Mad
Back to top Go down
lanita1000
Contributor
Contributor

Contributions Made: : 90

PostSubject: Wow   Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:20 pm

YallaBina wrote:
So, I heard some funny things the other day, and had to share. Apparently, one of my fiance's friends knows more about America/Florida than me (Because he moved from Egypt to California 2 years ago) hehehe...

Here's some great info he shared with my fiance:

1. Florida is very hot. Hotter than Aswan.
2. Living in Florida is so cheap, and houses are very cheap (I'd like to know which part of FL he is referring to...I'd love to move there) Rolling Eyes
3. American girls are dying for a wedding (referring to us having a wedding in Egypt and not in America)...I quote him as saying, "Some girls even get married and will get divorced after JUST to have a wedding. Did I miss the memo on this one? scratch
4. Most American girls, when they are younger, like 15 or 16 want to try things with as many guys as they can...the normal is like 7 or 8 guys (guess I missed the memo on this one too) lol Shocked

This is EXACTLY what he said...all of this is quoted from a convo my fiance showed me. Ohhhhhhh boy. Good thing my fiance takes him with a grain of salt lol. Sounds like he's trying to keep him away hahaha. And the crazy thing is...this man is married to an American woman! Maybe she did #4 when she was younger...doesn't mean I did lol! And, what would she think if she knew he said this about American women affraid If my fiance said these things to his friends...uhhh ohhhh watch out! Mad

#1. Florida is hotter than Aswan? hehehe
Laughing That is funny...
#2. I really don't know how much houses are in Florida, but hotels are not cheap so I would assume the rent is neither.
#3. Well, I am 34 and I have avoided getting married and the whole wedding ceremony all together until i found the right man, so what if it means be going to Egypt to get married LOL
Laughing I wonder what he would have to say about my "drive thru window vows" In Las Vegas Not that I have done this, but always said I would Love to get married in Vegas.. afro I guess he also forgot to include that traditionally the brides parents pay for the wedding...So why spend a lot of money to get divorced the day after???
#4.I am not Sure where he got his info. on this one
Shocked This depends on the individual. I have not seen a 15/16 yr. old proudly displaying a list Question I am no saint and am lucky to have such a great guy...I was up front and honest about my past. Thank goodness he loves who i am and does not care about my past.

Well thanks for the post..An old friend of my fiancee's tried to give his two cents one time by saying "Why would you marry an American? They are nothing but filth and dirty" My fiancee stopped him right there, and told him not to say another word. That it was none of his business!!! I love my babe ...my defender, my king
I love you I love you I love you

Back to top Go down

Stereotypes, Reversed...
Page 1 of 1