Falling for Love
Don't forget to check out the new Word of the Day! Very Happy
Falling for Love
Don't forget to check out the new Word of the Day! Very Happy
Falling for Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place dedicated to Western-Egyptian relationships, where those who have experience can share, and those who are just beginning can explore.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Welcome to Falling for Love!

Go down 
+7
HollyBerree
someonecalledsam
Mony*Amber
Amber&Mony
MadamBahnasi
YallaBina
Misr_is_Love
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Misr_is_Love
Administrator
Misr_is_Love

Contributions Made: : 228

Welcome to Falling for Love! Empty
PostSubject: Welcome to Falling for Love!   Welcome to Falling for Love! EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 3:28 am

This forum is a brand new place for those of us in relationships between Egyptians and non-Egyptians.

My name is Claire, and I am starting this forum in hopes that it will give people a place to gather with one another. I receive many e-mails from people all over the world looking for information about relationships with Egyptians, or just looking to connect with people in similar situations. It's hard to not feel like you're all alone, but in truth, you're not! And now you have a place online to call home. Very Happy

Now, since this is the introductions page, I will tell a bit about myself:

I am an American woman, who has been married to an Egyptian man for two years now. We met online accidently through MSN when my husband added my e-mail instead of his friend's. We have known each other for five years now, and it has been the best five years of my life. I lived in Egypt with my husband for one year, and we are now living in the US, where I am attempting to finish up my education.

I love bananas, fennec foxes, reading, photography, traveling, and many more things.

I am currently studying Cultural Anthropology, Religion, and Digital Media. It's a heavy load, but I enjoy it very much.

My husband is my world, and I can't imagine like without him. I heard so many negative things before I married my husband about how he would kidnap me, or abuse me, or a long list of cruelties that he would most likely commit, and while I understand that being careful is very important in any relationship, I am very grateful that I followed my heart, as I hope all of you will do as well.
Back to top Go down
http://oneheartinegypt.blogspot.com/
YallaBina
Obsessed Poster
Obsessed Poster
YallaBina

Contributions Made: : 145

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Falling for Love!   Welcome to Falling for Love! EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 3:06 am

Thanks Claire for putting this forum together! It'll be so nice to have a positive place to ask questions and get helpful information. Like you, I'm tired of hearing all the negative out there! I hope this forum can prove to those in doubt that these relationships can work and last! I agree it is wise to be careful and cautious, but all of us women (or men) are capable of learning more about the ones we love, and knowing their intentions...No list of warning signs or stereotypes should keep us from pursuing what we want, and what we know is right!
farao

Okay, so I will introduce myself...

My name is Ashley and I live in Florida. I am currently engaged to a wonderful Egyptian man. We met 2 years ago through a mutual friend. A girl I was friends with in college is from the same city in Egypt as my fiance, and her cousin is his best friend. And thanks to Facebook lol, he and I became friends and eventually began talking with each other. And soon after, we were talking everyday and have been ever since Smile I truly feel blessed to know him...and I love how things have a way of working out!

If all goes as planned, I will be moving to Egypt in January 2012...and am very excited to begin this journey with my love. So for those of you who have made the move, I am looking forward to hearing about your experience living in Egypt, and am always open to hearing any tips and ideas that will help me get settled in!

Things I love: Talking with my habibi on Skype! Hair and Make-up! Being artsy and crafty! Playing with my sweet mini dachshund! Finding a great deal on eBay lol! Learning Arabic (Claire...we must start a "learn Arabic" section)! Cooking and trying new recipes! TrueBlood! etc etc

-Ashley
Back to top Go down
MadamBahnasi

Contributions Made: : 14

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Falling for Love!   Welcome to Falling for Love! EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 12:17 pm

Hi Ashley.

I am glad to also excited to see you started a forum such as this. I do also get emails and tons of questions regarding egyptian american/western relationships. So this will definitely be a nice place to connect.

I love you Now to Introduce myself I love you

I was married before for over 2 years to an Egyptian and he was from Helwan and his family was from upper Egypt. I really got to experience the upper Egyptian lifestyle. No offense to that but not all Americans can handle it, its quite tough to be so held back all the time.

I divorced my ex-husband earlier this year because I was supposed to be more Egyptian then I was as well as I was supposed to be a 1st wife which we agreed would never happen.

I have since gotten married again to a wonderful man from Alexandria. He is 34 and I am 28 in January. We have no cultural problems because I have lived in Egypt so long and have been the quiet wife for so many years. I have tons of experience living in Egypt as well as the Gulf with an Egyptian and if anyone needs any help I am more then willing to provide it. I am very private about our problems because cultural reasons.

We have no children as of yet and are hoping to have some as soon as Allah provides us with them. We currently live in Bahrain and are planning to stay here another 5-7 years then both of our hopes is to go back to Egypt and spend the rest of our life working and raising our children. I am Muslim as well as my husband which definitely makes life for us much easier as his familiy at first was very skeptical of me however since meeting me has definitely fell in love with me and I cannot say enough about making sure you get along with the MIL because the MIL no matter what is the soul of her son.

I love my MIL and she loves me in fact I am to call her daily even though my arabic is very rusty and I cannot make out words well to her. However, it is her request and her sons so I shall do it!... I hope all of you have found someone that is totally compatible with you but in case you have not and you are having some small problems Ill do my best to help you out.

Btw I am very passionate about Egypt and Egyptians. I have taken the time to learn the cultural from all aspects. I dont like to have someone generalize about Egyptians as some of my friends do. So if I sound like a smart eleck on a response or whatever dont take it as a personal attack as it is NOT.

Thanks to my friend who invited me. Hope to learn more about all of you soon.

Misr_is_Love wrote:
This forum is a brand new place for those of us in relationships between Egyptians and non-Egyptians.

My name is Claire, and I am starting this forum in hopes that it will give people a place to gather with one another. I receive many e-mails from people all over the world looking for information about relationships with Egyptians, or just looking to connect with people in similar situations. It's hard to not feel like you're all alone, but in truth, you're not! And now you have a place online to call home. Very Happy

Now, since this is the introductions page, I will tell a bit about myself:

I am an American woman, who has been married to an Egyptian man for two years now. We met online accidently through MSN when my husband added my e-mail instead of his friend's. We have known each other for five years now, and it has been the best five years of my life. I lived in Egypt with my husband for one year, and we are now living in the US, where I am attempting to finish up my education.

I love bananas, fennec foxes, reading, photography, traveling, and many more things.

I am currently studying Cultural Anthropology, Religion, and Digital Media. It's a heavy load, but I enjoy it very much.

My husband is my world, and I can't imagine like without him. I heard so many negative things before I married my husband about how he would kidnap me, or abuse me, or a long list of cruelties that he would most likely commit, and while I understand that being careful is very important in any relationship, I am very grateful that I followed my heart, as I hope all of you will do as well.
Back to top Go down
Misr_is_Love
Administrator
Misr_is_Love

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Falling for Love!   Welcome to Falling for Love! EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 5:36 pm

Ashley:

It will be nice to have a positive environment! I'm so excited for the opportunity to communicate in a friendly place. I've already decided that people who are going to be negative (not people who are genuinely trying to give their opinion, but those who say nothing but bad things about Egyptians) will be warned, and then banned. Rude won't be tolerated. I think we all need a break from it. Wink

MadamBahnasi:

Welcome to the forum! We are all blessed to have your experience at hand, and I am so glad you finally feel at peace with the relationship that you have now. Would you be interested in beginning an "Upper Egypt" section in the Culture forum?
Back to top Go down
Amber&Mony
Amber&Mony

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Falling for Love!   Welcome to Falling for Love! EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 6:42 pm

Hi everyone,

My name is Amber, I was married to and Egyptian for about 2years. We separated a while back, but I found the worlds sweetest most love able Egyptian man named Mohamed Smile

WE are presently engaged and we plan to marry next summer There are all kinds of people in te world..Some good and some bad. Just because I had a bad experience, doesn't stop me from giving it another go! I believe all things happen for a reason, had I not had the abd experience. I never would have found my ture love I love you

I've spent about two months total in Egypt, and I am completely in love with the country, culture and people. I honestly feel more at home there then I do in the US, not to say there aren't negative about Egypt There definitely are and it's not for everyone. For me however it's perfect.

If anyone wants to know more information, or needs any help feel free to ask I'm always here to help

Take care everyone Very Happy

Amber xx
Back to top Go down
Misr_is_Love
Administrator
Misr_is_Love

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Falling for Love!   Welcome to Falling for Love! EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 6:46 pm

Welcome Amber!

It's great to have you here. Smile All of your experiences will be a great addition to the forum. Very Happy

Congratulations on (FINALLY!) finding your one true love. Wink
Back to top Go down
MadamBahnasi

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Falling for Love!   Welcome to Falling for Love! EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 6:52 pm

I can certainly try. Upper Egypt has been different for all my friends that have married upper egyptians. I can do my best honestly it is just simply a more strict society of egyptians <3 lol

Misr_is_Love wrote:
Ashley:

It will be nice to have a positive environment! I'm so excited for the opportunity to communicate in a friendly place. I've already decided that people who are going to be negative (not people who are genuinely trying to give their opinion, but those who say nothing but bad things about Egyptians) will be warned, and then banned. Rude won't be tolerated. I think we all need a break from it. Wink

MadamBahnasi:

Welcome to the forum! We are all blessed to have your experience at hand, and I am so glad you finally feel at peace with the relationship that you have now. Would you be interested in beginning an "Upper Egypt" section in the Culture forum?
Back to top Go down
Amber&Mony
Amber&Mony

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Falling for Love!   Welcome to Falling for Love! EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 6:59 pm

Misr_is_Love wrote:
Welcome Amber!

It's great to have you here. Smile All of your experiences will be a great addition to the forum. Very Happy

Congratulations on (FINALLY!) finding your one true love. Wink

Thanks SO much Claire..it is a bit of trial and error I guess, but I'm not giving up! like everything else worth while in life you have to work for it Very Happy[b]
Back to top Go down
YallaBina
Obsessed Poster
Obsessed Poster
YallaBina

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Falling for Love!   Welcome to Falling for Love! EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 7:05 pm

Hi Amber!

I look forward to hearing about your experiences in Egypt! Glad to hear you are loving it there!
Back to top Go down
Mony*Amber

Contributions Made: : 1

PostSubject: Mony Love Amber   Welcome to Falling for Love! EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 11:55 pm

El SalamAlikoum all guys here Smile

This is Mohamed Adel from Cairo, Egypt.

I would like to share a few stuff with all of you, but First, i would like to say that Finally I have found the real honest and loyal love in my life (Amber) .

Actually, i had really bad experience with Eastern Europe women, and i felt skeptical sometimes for foreign women, but i have never give up to find the true love as at all of my life i didn't hurt anyone or played with someone feeling, that why i have faith that Allah (God) will choice a right and the best one for me, Finally i have found her to make my life bright and shine every moment <3

I am doing me best to deserve her heart and make her the happiest woman in the world.

Mohamed Adel
Back to top Go down
Misr_is_Love
Administrator
Misr_is_Love

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Falling for Love!   Welcome to Falling for Love! EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 12:18 am

Hi Mohamed!

Welcome to FFL. I'm so happy that we will now have another Egyptian in our midst to help answer some questions.

Hope you have a great time here!
Back to top Go down
someonecalledsam

Contributions Made: : 8

PostSubject: Hello   Welcome to Falling for Love! EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 11:32 am

Last edited by hosamzidan on Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HollyBerree

Contributions Made: : 27

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Falling for Love!   Welcome to Falling for Love! EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 12:47 pm

remove

Last edited by HollyBerree on Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
YallaBina
Obsessed Poster
Obsessed Poster
YallaBina

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Falling for Love!   Welcome to Falling for Love! EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 1:39 pm

HolleeBerree wrote:
Hi Everyone ~

My name is Hollee and my other part is the one right above this post. I'm 28 and live in Colorado. I work as a Phlebotomist and start Nursing School in January.

As Hosam said, we have been together around 2 years and I suppose what makes that more interesting is the fact that we met each other right after we both had just filed for divorce from from our ex's. Rolling Eyes

Oh, and I leave for my Egyptian vacation this Thursday for just a little over a couple weeks.

Hi Hosam and Hollee!

Hollee, that's so exciting! Have fun on your trip to Egypt. I know everyone here will love to hear about your time in Egypt when you get back
Smile
Back to top Go down
Amber&Mony
Amber&Mony

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Falling for Love!   Welcome to Falling for Love! EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 1:47 pm

YallaBina wrote:
Hi Amber!

I look forward to hearing about your experiences in Egypt! Glad to hear you are loving it there!

Hi Ashley!! Thanks a lot I look forward to hearing your contributions as well Very Happy I hope you will enjoy your life in Egypt, I'm jealous..I have to wait till next summer Sad lol SO are going to try move back to the US once you guys get married, or do you want to stay permanently?
Back to top Go down
YallaBina
Obsessed Poster
Obsessed Poster
YallaBina

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Falling for Love!   Welcome to Falling for Love! EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 2:20 pm

Thanks Amber! And the way time is flying, next summer will be here before you know it!

More than likely, it will not be a permanent move. The current "plan" is that after we get married, we will stay in Egypt for a while. We have not put a time frame on it because I don't think we should stress and try to rush off or anything (But it will for sure be a year +). I plan to enjoy our time there together, enjoy his family, and make a nice little home there. Once everything is calm and we can handle a big move to the US, then we will get that process started. As much as I would love to just relax and spend my days on the Red Sea (sounds amazing), we have decided to raise our family in America.

Will you be staying in Egypt permanently?

farao

Last edited by YallaBina on Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : oops...wrong name lol...sorry!)
Back to top Go down
Amber&Mony
Amber&Mony

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Falling for Love!   Welcome to Falling for Love! EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 2:31 pm

Not sure yet Ashley, I love Egypt and Mohamed and I could have a good life there, but we have definitely talked out wanting to educate our kids in America. So we will just play things by ear and see what is best for us when the time comes. I would love to stay in Egypt for at least a year or two for sure! I love it there and want to get a chance to experience the life, and get close to his family as well. Smile
Back to top Go down
Misr_is_Love
Administrator
Misr_is_Love

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Falling for Love!   Welcome to Falling for Love! EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 3:42 pm

Hi Hosam and Hollee! Welcome to the forums. Smile Hollee, what an exciting time for you two. I hope you have a wonderful vacation to Egypt, and like Ashley said, we'd all love to hear about it when you get back!

I hope that both of you will have a great time, though I'm sure that you will. Very Happy

hosamzidan wrote:
Greetings,
In the beginning, i have to warn you guys that i'm bad in doing introductions, but i'm gonna do it anyway....
I'm Hosam, 29 from Egypt. and i have been with that AMAZING American girl for almost two years now, and we're planning on getting married soon.... i have to say that she's like no other... it feels weird to find your soul mate on the other half of our hemisphere, but i guess it validates the theory that for everyone on earth there's another completing him/her somewhere.... Her name is Hollee, and she's younger and definitely prettier than me, and she introduced me to this forum.
It's an AWESOME feeling to have such an AWESOME girl, and even though we live in different countries, speak different languages and have different cultures, it's working perfectly for us, and it tells you that there is always that one special person that gets you and loves you without limits.
it's really nice to have someone you talk to without words and know what he/she is thinking without saying.... it's always nice to have someone to understand and trust unconditionally.
Thanks for having taken the time to read this....
Back to top Go down
Misr_is_Love
Administrator
Misr_is_Love

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Falling for Love!   Welcome to Falling for Love! EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 3:43 pm

Amber, I love your text color. Wink

Amber&Mony wrote:
Not sure yet Ashley, I love Egypt and Mohamed and I could have a good life there, but we have definitely talked out wanting to educate our kids in America. So we will just play things by ear and see what is best for us when the time comes. I would love to stay in Egypt for at least a year or two for sure! I love it there and want to get a chance to experience the life, and get close to his family as well. Smile
Back to top Go down
Amber&Mony
Amber&Mony

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Falling for Love!   Welcome to Falling for Love! EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 4:21 pm

Misr_is_Love wrote:
Amber, I love your text color. Wink

Amber&Mony wrote:

Hehehe..thx couldn't have done it without someone
specials help Wink
Back to top Go down
Misr_is_Love
Administrator
Misr_is_Love

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Falling for Love!   Welcome to Falling for Love! EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 4:29 pm

Walk Like an Egyptia
Back to top Go down
YallaBina
Obsessed Poster
Obsessed Poster
YallaBina

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Falling for Love!   Welcome to Falling for Love! EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 4:55 pm

Misr_is_Love wrote:
Walk Like an Egyptia

hahahahahahaha! LOVE the smiley face...now I'm singing 'Walk Like An Egyptian'... Walk Like an Egyptia
Back to top Go down
Misr_is_Love
Administrator
Misr_is_Love

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Falling for Love!   Welcome to Falling for Love! EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 4:58 pm

Hehe, it was my husband's idea. We added it to the forum yesterday.
Back to top Go down
HollyBerree

Contributions Made: : 27

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Falling for Love!   Welcome to Falling for Love! EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 6:30 pm

Last edited by HollyBerree on Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Misr_is_Love
Administrator
Misr_is_Love

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Falling for Love!   Welcome to Falling for Love! EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 6:52 pm

Haha, yeah, you probably should get started with that! I love packing. Smile Have you ever been to Egypt before? If you haven't I suggest that you take flip flops that can get wet, as most bathrooms are tile and have wet floors. I learned that one the hard way!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Falling for Love!   Welcome to Falling for Love! Empty

Back to top Go down

Welcome to Falling for Love!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next