Falling for Love
Don't forget to check out the new Word of the Day! Very Happy
Falling for Love
Don't forget to check out the new Word of the Day! Very Happy
Falling for Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place dedicated to Western-Egyptian relationships, where those who have experience can share, and those who are just beginning can explore.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Introduction

Go down 
+5
missirish
Amber&Mony
YallaBina
Misr_is_Love
lanita1000
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
lanita1000
Contributor
Contributor
lanita1000

Contributions Made: : 90

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Introduction   Introduction EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 8:57 pm

Halito chim achukma!! translation, Hello how are you in my native Choctaw language. I thought I would introduce myself to everyone on the forum. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this forum. Thank you Claire!! This forum is a little different than others you may find when you search the net. You don't know how many times my reading junk in other forums has caused problems in my relationship. Reading positive comments and happiness is so refreshing and gives me hope that my relationship will be just as successful Very Happy I met my love online on a dating site. I was very skeptical at first when I met Mohamed "Momo". I researched so many topics,forums,books and asked my love so many questions about Egyptian/Non-Egyptian relationships to where he probably would have appreciated a remote control for my mouth with an OFF button LOL. I have so much to learn, but I am looking forward to my new venture with my love. I will be traveling to Egypt for the month of December cheers I will get married there in Cairo. I am not looking forward to the plane ride (I have never flown) Shocked But I am looking forward to be with the man who makes me laugh and makes me feel loved something I appreciate so dearly. I am not going to say our relationship has been perfect, but that comes with time. Hope everyone finds the information in this forum helpful. And if anyone has some magic dust please send it this way!!! 110 here in Austin Texas today geez we need rain!!! sunny
Back to top Go down
Misr_is_Love
Administrator
Misr_is_Love

Contributions Made: : 228

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 9:45 pm

Ahh! *sending magic dust now*

I would say welcome, but since you're one of the reasons this forum exists, I think a thank you is more appropriate. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://oneheartinegypt.blogspot.com/
YallaBina
Obsessed Poster
Obsessed Poster
YallaBina

Contributions Made: : 145

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 2:03 am

Hi Lanita...you can have some of this rain we are having in Florida! It's been storming all week! (But you can't just have the rain, you have to take the nasty lightening too! lol)

And I'm so happy you mentioned the plane ride. I'm the same! I have never been on a plane...and am nervous just thinking about it! Ohhh the things we do for the ones we love! Can you postpone a month so we can fly together and hold on for dear life? hehehe.

That's very exciting about December...MABROUK! It will be here before you know it! Best wishes for you both!

And I agree about the forums (I'm a researcher too haha). I hate to name drop *EXPAT FORUM* lol, but they have the WORST forum for negativity! I was google-ing info about cheap flights from America to Egypt lol and stumbled upon it. Biggest mistake ever! It has caused so many doubts for so many girls... whether their questions warranted it or not. I met a friend there after she was being bullied by some women for being in a relationship with an Egyptian man. And the worst part is, these women were married to Egyptians, living in Egypt. I don't know about y'all, but when I get married...I'm not going to stalk the message boards scaring girls away from Egypt lol. And I don't think our husbands would appreciate the negative comments and stereotypes about them and their country. Mad hehe... So YAY for Claire's new forum...I'm loving it!
Smile
Back to top Go down
Amber&Mony
Amber&Mony

Contributions Made: : 14

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 2:16 am

lanita1000 wrote:
Halito chim achukma!! translation, Hello how are you in my native Choctaw language. I thought I would introduce myself to everyone on the forum. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this forum. Thank you Claire!! This forum is a little different than others you may find when you search the net. You don't know how many times my reading junk in other forums has caused problems in my relationship. Reading positive comments and happiness is so refreshing and gives me hope that my relationship will be just as successful Very Happy I met my love online on a dating site. I was very skeptical at first when I met Mohamed "Momo". I researched so many topics,forums,books and asked my love so many questions about Egyptian/Non-Egyptian relationships to where he probably would have appreciated a remote control for my mouth with an OFF button LOL. I have so much to learn, but I am looking forward to my new venture with my love. I will be traveling to Egypt for the month of December cheers I will get married there in Cairo. I am not looking forward to the plane ride (I have never flown) Shocked But I am looking forward to be with the man who makes me laugh and makes me feel loved something I appreciate so dearly. I am not going to say our relationship has been perfect, but that comes with time. Hope everyone finds the information in this forum helpful. And if anyone has some magic dust please send it this way!!! 110 here in Austin Texas today geez we need rain!!! sunny

CONGRATS!!! How exciting!! I am going in December too(if all goes as planned!) It will be my 4th time to Cairo however.. But I am starting to dread international flying..bleh Razz Hope you have a lovely ti
me with your h
oney!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Amber&Mony
Amber&Mony

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 2:20 am

YallaBina wrote:
Hi Lanita...you can have some of this rain we are having in Florida! It's been storming all week! (But you can't just have the rain, you have to take the nasty lightening too! lol)

And I'm so happy you mentioned the plane ride. I'm the same! I have never been on a plane...and am nervous just thinking about it! Ohhh the things we do for the ones we love! Can you postpone a month so we can fly together and hold on for dear life? hehehe.

That's very exciting about December...MABROUK! It will be here before you know it! Best wishes for you both!

And I agree about the forums (I'm a researcher too haha). I hate to name drop *EXPAT FORUM* lol, but they have the WORST forum for negativity! I was google-ing info about cheap flights from America to Egypt lol and stumbled upon it. Biggest mistake ever! It has caused so many doubts for so many girls... whether their questions warranted it or not. I met a friend there after she was being bullied by some women for being in a relationship with an Egyptian man. And the worst part is, these women were married to Egyptians, living in Egypt. I don't know about y'all, but when I get married...I'm not going to stalk the message boards scaring girls away from Egypt lol. And I don't think our husbands would appreciate the negative comments and stereotypes about them and their country. Mad hehe... So YAY for Claire's new forum...I'm loving it!
Smile

Ughh..Ashely I was the exact same way!! I researched for a good 7mo before my initial visit! I found a TON of "expat" sites ect..and yeah..they were vastly full of crazy women who had no life , other then to bash Egyptians or People in relationships with them.. Thank god I met Claire almost three years ago!! (wow time fly's ) a couple months into my relationship. As well as some other awesome women! I am really happy fro this site, I wish there was one like it when I first started out
!! Yay for Cla
ire!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Misr_is_Love
Administrator
Misr_is_Love

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 2:26 am

You poor dears! You must be terrified! Excited, yet terrified!

I wrote this a LONG time ago, but it may help with some of your feelings: http://oneheartinegypt.blogspot.com/2009/01/oh-joys-of-flying.html

Also, I don't know if I mention this in the blog, but plan out everything in the airport before you get there. Find out the terminals and gates before you go (though they can change, so be familiar with the airports before hand) and that will help a lot. There are, of course, people working at the airport you can ask for directions, and lots of monitors on the walls that give you information in case your gate changes (this may happen when a plane arrives ahead of or behind schedule. Don't take any bags that can be opened easily (but don't put locks on them either, as security won't allow that). Keep an eye on your stuff at all times, and try to go to the bathroom on the planes instead of in the airports if you can help it (unless you packed lighter than I did) because handling your bags in the stalls is a mess!

Also, make sure you read and reread the newest TSA regulations before you leave, to make sure that whatever you pack will get to board with you.

Take makeup on the plane, along with a wash cloth and your favorite face wash (and a plastic baggy for the wet washcloth) so you can wash your face on the plane and freshen up your makeup before arriving to see your honey for the first time! Got to look pretty for those men! Very Happy

Anyway, let me know if you want more advice. I could dish it out all night, but I'm actually supposed to be sleeping.
Back to top Go down
lanita1000
Contributor
Contributor
lanita1000

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 2:30 am

[i I would greatly appreciate some of the rain from Florida!! Hot Hot I love Florida. For the past two summers I have ventured up that away via car ride lol The people are friendly, the weather is nice, and love the blue ocean waters in Destin. Last year I drove on up to Orlando. Enjoyed my stay there too. Loved the Nickelodeon Hotel there.. I will probably need a xanax for my plane ride to Egypt LOL I am so nervous..shaking in my boots as we speak Shocked Shocked LOL
As for the forums.. I agree.. After reading some of them i was so negative towards my love that he could actually tell when i had visited one just by my attitude towards him. He would tell me....please do not visit these things ( with his cute accent farao ) The talk of the bad Egyptian men sure do outnumber the good ..I have never yet once read a positive response from an Egyptian woman on any forum about Egyptian/non-Egyptian relationship.. It is always the same amo.. He just wants your passport..(green card) Or he just wants to use you for money and ***. The spats I have read between European women and Egyptian women have raised my eyebrows... Shocked Shocked But I have learned not to assume anything just by reading forums or yahoo answers LOL.. I can see you are a google queen too LOL So am I Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Amber&Mony
Amber&Mony

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 2:34 am

Misr_is_Love wrote:
You poor dears! You must be terrified! Excited, yet terrified!

I wrote this a LONG time ago, but it may help with some of your feelings

Also, I don't know if I mention this in the blog, but plan out everything in the airport before you get there. Find out the terminals and gates before you go (though they can change, so be familiar with the airports before hand) and that will help a lot. There are, of course, people working at the airport you can ask for directions, and lots of monitors on the walls that give you information in case your gate changes (this may happen when a plane arrives ahead of or behind schedule. Don't take any bags that can be opened easily (but don't put locks on them either, as security won't allow that). Keep an eye on your stuff at all times, and try to go to the bathroom on the planes instead of in the airports if you can help it (unless you packed lighter than I did) because handling your bags in the stalls is a mess!

Also, make sure you read and reread the newest TSA regulations before you leave, to make sure that whatever you pack will get to board with you.

Take makeup on the plane, along with a wash cloth and your favorite face wash (and a plastic baggy for the wet washcloth) so you can wash your face on the plane and freshen up your makeup before arriving to see your honey for the first time! Got to look pretty for those men! Very Happy

Anyway, let me know if you want more advice. I could dish it out all night, but I'm actually supposed to be sleeping.

Yeah!! Get to bed Claire..you got your first day of school in the Morning.and you want to be fresh as a Daisy Wink I have the funniest picture of you as a sweet 5year old dressed in and adorable outfit, and a back pack Very Happy ..ahh I digress bounce
Back to top Go down
lanita1000
Contributor
Contributor
lanita1000

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 2:37 am

OK Claire....you are still up???????? LOL Raccoon eyes hint hint lol! LOL Have a good day at school tomorrow I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you The forum..

Back to top Go down
lanita1000
Contributor
Contributor
lanita1000

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 2:40 am

Amber&Mony wrote:
lanita1000 wrote:

CONGRATS!!! How exciting!! I am going in December too(if all goes as planned!) It will be my 4th time to Cairo however.. But I am starting to dread international flying..bleh Razz Hope you have a lovely ti
me with your h
oney!! Smile

Thank you...wow you are going in December too?? At least we won't be baking in the sun Hot My original plan was to go this month...At first I was sad that we had to change the dates, but now so thankful... What airline do you think is the best???
Back to top Go down
Amber&Mony
Amber&Mony

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 12:39 pm

lanita1000 wrote:
Amber&Mony wrote:
lanita1000 wrote:

me with your h
oney!! Smile

Thank you...wow you are going in December too?? At least we won't be baking in the sun Hot My original plan was to go this month...At first I was sad that we had to change the dates, but now so thankful... What airline do you think is the best???

Yeah My favorite times of the year to go are between october and april. The weather is much more livable then Sun Bathe I think of all my international flights I prefered KLM they catered to your needs much more, felt more like first class even in coach. As well as I have always had the personal tv and remote on KLM, where with United and Delta I've gotten put on flights sometimes that don't..To me thats the most important thing, having your own tv can really make the difference of an enjoyable flight, and an absolutely miserable one Mad You can check what feature the specific aircraft you would be flying on offers. SO if at all possible get one with that. Also I personally ALWAYS request a window seat, I love to view, plus you have a little extra room, and can lean against the wall to sleep a bit easier. Smile I'm going in December for one of my good friends weddings in Alex and for my sister in laws wedding. I'm nervous a little cause it's the first time to meet the family... farao But hey if you have any other questions feel free to ask Smile Me and Claire have done it many times Laughing Egyptian Flag :pyram
id: :egypti
andance:
Back to top Go down
missirish
Occasional Poster
Occasional Poster

Contributions Made: : 36

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 1:03 pm

I went to Egypt in June.. and it was soooo hot.. My poor irish skin baked in the heat!!!!!!!!! i was like a roasted tomato..43 degrees Celcius i believe was the norm while i was there.

In the mornings i would blowdry by hair to perfection, by eleven it was sticking out in all directions.. hahahha

Make up?? pffffffff it just melted off my face... I wore in the night when it became cooler.. but no make up during the day..

I had a wonderful time and found Egypt a beautiful place.. Rich in culture with lots to see and do... wil be going back in february.

Wish u all safe journey and pleasant flight.....
Back to top Go down
momo

Contributions Made: : 2

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: hello everyone this is me momo ,, lanito boy friend or fiance and the husband to be ,,   Introduction EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 11:59 pm

hello every one ..

i am really so happy for the concept of this forum and i will be happier when i find alot of serious guys and ladies join this forum ,, and i am glad not everything online is just negative ,,,
i love my babe deer lanita so much ,, she is different very different and laughing all the time and i can feel how she feel even of her voice,, without she mention anything ,,
i wish i met her since i was kid ,, she would be my soul mate since the day i would meet her,,
i want to hear her always laughing and loving me ,,, as much as i love her, also she is the only one can me me laugh when i feel very serious,,
she is so specail and so loving and so cute ,, i want to do anything to see her happy and make her happy for ever, and we have plans to have avery nice honey moon and laughing all night in our wedding party ,,, and make it so amazing time to remember for the rest of our life,,
if i will keep mentioning how much i think of her and feel for her i think i will need another life, and i wish she will be forever the real love which i was looking for all my life, i love u so much lanita my soul love mate ,,
Back to top Go down
lanita1000
Contributor
Contributor
lanita1000

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 12:06 am

momo wrote:
hello every one ..

i am really so happy for the concept of this forum and i will be happier when i find alot of serious guys and ladies join this forum ,, and i am glad not everything online is just negative ,,,
i love my babe deer lanita so much ,, she is different very different and laughing all the time and i can feel how she feel even of her voice,, without she mention anything ,,
i wish i met her since i was kid ,, she would be my soul mate since the day i would meet her,,
i want to hear her always laughing and loving me ,,, as much as i love her, also she is the only one can me me laugh when i feel very serious,,
she is so specail and so loving and so cute ,, i want to do anything to see her happy and make her happy for ever, and we have plans to have avery nice honey moon and laughing all night in our wedding party ,,, and make it so amazing time to remember for the rest of our life,,
if i will keep mentioning how much i think of her and feel for her i think i will need another life, and i wish she will be forever the real love which i was looking for all my life, i love u so much lanita my soul love mate ,,

(tear) i LOVE you so much too babe Very Happy You make me so happy and as long as we are together I will always be laughing. I am happy that you like this forum Smile and thank you for joining and supporting egyptian/non-egyptian relationships. Muuuuuuuaaaahhhhhhs I LOVE U flower
Back to top Go down
Misr_is_Love
Administrator
Misr_is_Love

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 12:25 am

Welcome Momo!

I'm so glad that you decided to join Falling for Love! It will be great to have another Egyptian perspective on things. Hope things are going well with you, and Eid Mubarak! (Sorry, it's late)
momo wrote:
hello every one ..

Back to top Go down
superdude
superdude

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 12:52 am

this is a really interesting conversation guys. hopefully everything will turn out well for all of you. Razz
Back to top Go down
cycier

Contributions Made: : 2

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 7:16 am

wow seems like alot of positive energy here Smile

My background is american but I've been living in Egypt for quite some time with most of my family between the States & Europe Smile

The problem is that everybody puts his personal experience as the definitive guide to Egypt & Egyptians which in most cases its not good people & circumstances as well as bad ones happen to exist everywhere in the world so I guess its just the luck of the draw Smile

But that doesn't mean we should all close ourselves up and stop meeting people Smile

Its a risk with guaranteed payback if you're willing to never quit Wink

Just thought I'd write whats on my mind as a newcomer Smile
Back to top Go down
Misr_is_Love
Administrator
Misr_is_Love

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 11:29 am

Hey Cycier,

You're totally right! People assume that their relationship with an Egyptian is "what it always is", and I believe that it happens with the best and worst relationships.

Anyway, welcome to Falling for Love!! I hope you find the energy to be as positive as you think it is. Smile

cycier wrote:
wow seems like alot of positive energy here Smile

My background is american but I've been living in Egypt for quite some time with most of my family between the States & Europe Smile

The problem is that everybody puts his personal experience as the definitive guide to Egypt & Egyptians which in most cases its not good people & circumstances as well as bad ones happen to exist everywhere in the world so I guess its just the luck of the draw Smile

But that doesn't mean we should all close ourselves up and stop meeting people Smile

Its a risk with guaranteed payback if you're willing to never quit Wink

Just thought I'd write whats on my mind as a newcomer Smile
Back to top Go down
HollyBerree

Contributions Made: : 27

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 6:19 pm

remove

Last edited by HollyBerree on Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Misr_is_Love
Administrator
Misr_is_Love

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 6:28 pm

Hey Hollee!

Thanks for updating us! I hope that you guys are having a great holiday together! I know I speak for all of us when I say we're eager to hear about your trip. Smile

Have a great time in Sharm, and cute picture!
HolleeBerree wrote:
Hi ladies (& guys)

Just wanted to check in ~ ending my 3rd day here. We've went out a couple times but havent spent a lot of time outside yet though. In Cairo right now but leave for sharm in a couple days.

I did add a pic to the profile now - so those who havent friended me on facebook know what we look like.

farao
Back to top Go down
HollyBerree

Contributions Made: : 27

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 6:36 pm

remove

Last edited by HollyBerree on Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Misr_is_Love
Administrator
Misr_is_Love

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 7:25 pm

Sounds like Egypt. Egyptian Flag
Back to top Go down
YallaBina
Obsessed Poster
Obsessed Poster
YallaBina

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 8:57 pm

HolleeBerree wrote:
Hi ladies (& guys)

Just wanted to check in ~ ending my 3rd day here. We've went out a couple times but havent spent a lot of time outside yet though. In Cairo right now but leave for sharm in a couple days.

I did add a pic to the profile now - so those who havent friended me on facebook know what we look like.

farao

Hey Hollee! LOVE the new pic...very cute! I hope you're having an awesome time in Egypt...and have fun in Sharm! Walk Like an Egyptia
Back to top Go down
YallaBina
Obsessed Poster
Obsessed Poster
YallaBina

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 8:59 pm

HolleeBerree wrote:
Thanks Claire

Must admit my sight needs to be repaired after watching 3 men whip out their little thingys and pee squatting right there next to their cars in the street. cyclops

Oh my! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Misr_is_Love
Administrator
Misr_is_Love

Introduction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduction   Introduction EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 1:47 pm

Yeah.. where do we go on this topic from there? Haha. Duh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content