Falling for Love
Don't forget to check out the new Word of the Day! Very Happy
Falling for Love
Don't forget to check out the new Word of the Day! Very Happy
Falling for Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place dedicated to Western-Egyptian relationships, where those who have experience can share, and those who are just beginning can explore.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Here comes the bride...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
YallaBina
Obsessed Poster
Obsessed Poster
YallaBina

Contributions Made: : 145

Here comes the bride... Empty
PostSubject: Here comes the bride...   Here comes the bride... EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 12:09 pm

Hey girls! Here's a fun one! Guys too, you can pitch in also haha.

How will YOU marry your love?

I'm sure most of us will end up in Cairo, running around the city like a mad man to all the different buildings and departments, paying fees, collecting stamps, filling out paperwork etc etc...to say "I do". But, any plans for a wedding ceremony for friends and family? If so, where at? America, Ireland (for our MissIrish), or Egypt? And if so, what type of ceremony will it be for those of you with different religious backgrounds than the one you love? I love weddings, so bring on the details! I love you

***And this topic also applies to those of you who have already tied the knot! Would love to hear what you did to get married!

***Check out Claire's blog for her post on getting married in Cairo...she broke it down step by step. Claire, I don't believe I can post links yet, so If you can, that would be great! Lots of good info in that post!
Back to top Go down
missirish
Occasional Poster
Occasional Poster

Contributions Made: : 36

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the bride...   Here comes the bride... EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 12:32 pm

i want it with least amount of fuss.. i dont c the point in having large wedding parties.. why not the money for a great honeymoon instead.. spend the dosh on yourselves instead of the hers.. often in my country we dont get the choice to keep things quiet.. we have to have to do the big thing to please people.. if i am honest, i am so glad i wont have to endure such a stressful event hahahhahha.. He is muslim.. for me it wil be like claires experience..

My ideal celebration would be a celebration dinner with his friends and family for his benefit, and maybe a small party when i get home for my family and friends for my benefit.. When i say small. i mean small.. i want to wear normal clothes and feel like im at a party and not on display... eat sandwiches and chicken goujons and have fun.. No pulling and tugging at your dress fixing it all day, no fake poses for wedding pictures, no being blinded by camera flashes, no silly girls commenting on how your hair is not nice, and how your dress is disappointing behind your back..

For me, the fact that im married will be my happiness, if i am honest, the white dress, the huge party is of no importance to me whatsoever.. I wish we didnt even have to make all these trips to cairo.. Ideally i would like to walk in, sign the contract and walk out married hahaha..

Here a wedding to me is nothing but a huge ball of stress for at least a yr before, an enormous amount of money for one day to feed a load of ungrateful shits who wil complain about everything anyway.. so i figure, feck it, we will please ourselves!!!
Back to top Go down
HollyBerree

Contributions Made: : 27

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the bride...   Here comes the bride... EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 1:24 pm

remove

Last edited by HollyBerree on Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
YallaBina
Obsessed Poster
Obsessed Poster
YallaBina

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the bride...   Here comes the bride... EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 2:41 pm

I wanted to post our plans right after I asked the question, but my love got on Skype...so of course, I went to talk to him Smile

The first step when I get to Egypt, is having a small Engagement party. It will not be big, just something simple at his family's house, then maybe we will go to dinner or to a nice coffee shop. At first we were going to have a formal party, so months back I purchased a VERY formal evening gown, but I'm still going to wear it anyways at the house. I may look silly, but I refuse to spend the $ for it and not wear it haha.

Next, we will have a wedding ceremony at a Coptic Church. He says it will not be so big...only 200 people! LOL. When he said that I almost freaked...to me, that is a BIG wedding. It will be all of his family and friends. My family will be unable to travel to Egypt for it. I have a little brother who is in school, and it will be hard and too much money for them all to travel (as of now, I am planning on having a laptop set up with Skype for my parents to watch). So it will be around 200 people, of which, I will know maybe 30 Shocked

Here's the schedule of events...Peter told me what the norm is in Egypt...and we will do the norm...

-First, his Mom, his sister, our sister-in-laws, and myself will go to the beauty center and get hair/make-up done...and according to Peter, the girls also get dressed at the salon. So I will put my wedding dress and headpiece on there.

-Peter will rent a car and pick me up at the salon...from there, we will go to the photo studio to have our wedding portraits done.

-After the pictures, we will head to the Coptic Church for the ceremony...where we will be crowned and robed...like a king and queen king queen If you haven't seen pictures of a Coptic wedding, please google it. It is a stunning sight...with the gold crowns with jewels and robes fit for royalty Wink hehe. The Coptic Church has a wonderful ceremony...Everything has great meaning and importance to it.

-After the ceremony, Peter and I will stand together, as each guest comes to us and gives us their congratulations. I have been informed that I am NOT to give any guys a hug hahaha...apparently if I do, it will be a big no no and people may find it inappropriate. I don't want everyone thinking I'm crazy LOL. But I'm American...can't that be my excuse? Smile hehehe

-Then we will get in the car, and some of the guests will get into cars/taxis behind us, and we will drive around the city for about 30 minutes...lots of honking and noise as we drive through the streets. I can be shy or easily embarrassed, so hopefully I can loosen up and act a fool Wink

-Finally, we will arrive at the party. There will be lots of music, lots of dancing, lots of lights...full on party lol. I've seen his brother's wedding video...they know how to party in Egypt! LOL

***My Mom and Dad have already purchased my wedding dress and most of the accessories I need...thanks mom and dad! I'm sooooo excited! I wanted to wear something that I love, but also something that would be loved in Egypt...and I have learned that they love LOTS and LOTS of sparkle and shine Wink My dress is not decked out in rhinestones...but has a tasteful amount of sparkle...I didn't want to go overboard, even if it is the norm in Egypt. I will post a picture later if y'all want to see my dress and headband!

For the honeymoon, our first stop will be Cairo! To get "officially" married. We will be married in God's eyes first...then we will make it official with the government. And I know without the right papers, we cannot stay in a hotel together...HOWEVER...lucky us, Peter's Aunt owns an empty flat in Cairo and has offered to let us stay there anytime we need it! So, we will avoid that situation all together. Then it's off to the RED SEA! Wahoooooooooo. YALLA YALLA time, I can't wait...AHHHHHH Smile

Last edited by YallaBina on Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : insert smiley)
Back to top Go down
YallaBina
Obsessed Poster
Obsessed Poster
YallaBina

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the bride...   Here comes the bride... EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 2:45 pm

missirish wrote:

i want it with least amount of fuss.. i dont c the point in having large wedding parties.. why not the money for a great honeymoon instead.. spend the dosh on yourselves instead of the hers.. often in my country we dont get the choice to keep things quiet.. we have to have to do the big thing to please people.. if i am honest, i am so glad i wont have to endure such a stressful event hahahhahha.. He is muslim.. for me it wil be like claires experience..

My ideal celebration would be a celebration dinner with his friends and family for his benefit, and maybe a small party when i get home for my family and friends for my benefit.. When i say small. i mean small.. i want to wear normal clothes and feel like im at a party and not on display... eat sandwiches and chicken goujons and have fun.. No pulling and tugging at your dress fixing it all day, no fake poses for wedding pictures, no being blinded by camera flashes, no silly girls commenting on how your hair is not nice, and how your dress is disappointing behind your back..

For me, the fact that im married will be my happiness, if i am honest, the white dress, the huge party is of no importance to me whatsoever.. I wish we didnt even have to make all these trips to cairo.. Ideally i would like to walk in, sign the contract and walk out married hahaha..

Here a wedding to me is nothing but a huge ball of stress for at least a yr before, an enormous amount of money for one day to feed a load of ungrateful shits who wil complain about everything anyway.. so i figure, feck it, we will please ourselves!!!

Miss Mandy!!!! Even after reading this post, I am still excited about my wedding! Razz hehehehe. I hope you can come if you're in Egypt at the time...I promise I won't be an ungrateful s**t LOL. I love your honesty, bluntness, and humor...it's...refreshing
Smile
Back to top Go down
Misr_is_Love
Administrator
Misr_is_Love

Contributions Made: : 228

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the bride...   Here comes the bride... EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 10:26 pm

Wow, I'm glad you guys have thought this out so well. Smile

My husband and I also didn't have a wedding. I felt way too guilty to have a wedding when no one from my family could attend, and I had been to my sister-in-law's wedding in Egypt and I honestly didn't like the atmosphere at all. Actually, I got extremely sick the night we got married, so we didn't even have a party. It was straight to the bathroom for me. No I'm a very quiet person usually, and I like things to be civilized and dignified. Egyptian weddings are anything but... They're loud and noisy, everyone dances for hours and the music is so loud that you can't even feel your head. My sister-in-law told me that it was one of the worst nights of her life, because she was so exhausted by the time she finished with the makeup and the pictures that it just wasn't enjoyable after 14 hours of non-stop "do this, do that, go here, go there". They made her stop every few seconds to have camera phones shoved in her face and while it might look like fun acting like a celebrity star for one night, she and I are very alike in that we like our personal space, lol. Anyway, to each his own!! Most people love parties, and that's usually what an Egyptian wedding is: one huge party. Smile So, don't let my personal opinion get in the way of not wanting a wedding. It was awesome to be there. I loved seeing my husband's father (who was very ill at the time) smiling and having such a wonderful time. I had apple soda for the first time in my life, which was really good, as well as a French cheese roll thing that was to die for. The idea that the two families didn't interact was strange to me, but that might have just been because of the certain circumstances of that wedding. All in all, it was a great experience, and I don't regret not doing it for myself. Having ice cream with my newly wed husband later on was just as wonderful for me, if not even more so than a wedding would have been.

Ashley, I hope that your wedding is beautiful and that you and Peter have a gorgeous time. I think that we all expect oodles of pictures!!! And you can't leave us after you get married. Wink

Here is that link that you were talking about for the steps on how Americans can marry Egyptians in Egypt: The Basics of Getting Married in Egypt

Also, here is the link to the wedding ceremony of my sister-in-law, if anyone is interested (it's divided into three parts, which I labelled as "Lessons"): Let's Do the Egyptian Tango - Lesson 1
Back to top Go down
http://oneheartinegypt.blogspot.com/
missirish
Occasional Poster
Occasional Poster

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the bride...   Here comes the bride... EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 8:08 am

YallaBina wrote:
missirish wrote:

Miss Mandy!!!! Even after reading this post, I am still excited about my wedding! Razz hehehehe. I hope you can come if you're in Egypt at the time...I promise I won't be an ungrateful s**t LOL. I love your honesty, bluntness, and humor...it's...refreshing
Smile

hey ash
Your wedding sounds wonderful... Im happy for you.. I never meant to make you feel less exited about your wedding. i was just telling you what i would personally would like for my marraige and how i percieve a weddin party would be for me.. I genuinely think your wedding wil be wonderful and none of the above was an opinion on your celebration plan... The above is just what i want and dont want as an individual.. Sorry if i made you feel bad habibi,, pale xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Back to top Go down
YallaBina
Obsessed Poster
Obsessed Poster
YallaBina

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the bride...   Here comes the bride... EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 4:33 pm

missirish wrote:

hey ash
Your wedding sounds wonderful... Im happy for you.. I never meant to make you feel less exited about your wedding. i was just telling you what i would personally would like for my marraige and how i percieve a weddin party would be for me.. I genuinely think your wedding wil be wonderful and none of the above was an opinion on your celebration plan... The above is just what i want and dont want as an individual.. Sorry if i made you feel bad habibi,, pale xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Awwwwww, thanks habibi. Mafish mushkila (you like how I used the word of the day? hehe)...I was just jokin' with ya girl. And you did not make me feel bad. But, now i feel bad for making you think that you made me feel bad LOL hahahahahaha.

And I am still sooooooooooooo excited...YAY YAY YAY!
Walk Like an Egyptia
Back to top Go down
lanita1000
Contributor
Contributor
lanita1000

Contributions Made: : 90

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the bride...   Here comes the bride... EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 9:30 am

YallaBina wrote:
missirish wrote:

hey ash

Awwwwww, thanks habibi. Mafish mushkila (you like how I used the word of the day? hehe)...I was just jokin' with ya girl. And you did not make me feel bad. But, now i feel bad for making you think that you made me feel bad LOL hahahahahaha.

Walk Like an Egyptia

Your wedding sounds beautiful, I'm sure it will be...I wish you plenty of happy years together. I always wanted to get married in Vegas LOL
Back to top Go down
Misr_is_Love
Administrator
Misr_is_Love

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the bride...   Here comes the bride... EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 10:31 am

:O Like in one of those tiny wedding chapels? Don't they even have drive-through windows now?! O.o Or am I making that up?

lanita1000 wrote:
YallaBina wrote:
missirish wrote:

hey ash

Walk Like an Egyptia

Your wedding sounds beautiful, I'm sure it will be...I wish you plenty of happy years together. I always wanted to get married in Vegas LOL
Back to top Go down
lanita1000
Contributor
Contributor
lanita1000

Contributions Made: : 90

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the bride...   Here comes the bride... EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 3:12 pm

Misr_is_Love wrote:
:O Like in one of those tiny wedding chapels? Don't they even have drive-through windows now?! O.o Or am I making that up? LOL yes....like in one of those.....I am very shy infront of a crowd and I get nervous so......I would be the bride who would trip and fall coming down the isle.....Driving up to a window is easier and less hazardous for me LOL....

lanita1000 wrote:
YallaBina wrote:
missirish wrote:

hey ash

Walk Like an Egyptia

Back to top Go down
YallaBina
Obsessed Poster
Obsessed Poster
YallaBina

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the bride...   Here comes the bride... EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 5:04 pm

lanita1000 wrote:

Thanks Lanita! And I agree about Vegas...I always thought that would be fun.
Back to top Go down
Misr_is_Love
Administrator
Misr_is_Love

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the bride...   Here comes the bride... EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 6:32 pm

Haha, I can just see it now... you'd pull up to the window, "Hi, I'd like one marriage please." Then the man at the window, "No problem! Would you like fries with that?"
Back to top Go down
missirish
Occasional Poster
Occasional Poster

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the bride...   Here comes the bride... EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 9:38 pm

Misr_is_Love wrote:
Haha, I can just see it now... you'd pull up to the window, "Hi, I'd like one marriage please." Then the man at the window, "No problem! Would you like fries with that?"

OOOOOOOOH the bliss of that thought..

yes one marriage contract pls and fries with that also, extra large with an extra large milkshake and oh, an extra large bar of chocolate (for himself of course.. not for me)

What was that???? 50 dollars????? are u kidding me??????? im not paying that!!! 20 dollars or nothing! i can get what i need in the drive thru down the street for 20 dollars.. its ur call !!!!

geek
Back to top Go down
Misr_is_Love
Administrator
Misr_is_Love

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the bride...   Here comes the bride... EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 9:54 pm

Haha,

How many "moral laws" do you think we're breaking with this conversation? Razz

It's just testimate to this world as it exists today! However, I am now craving a milkshake...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Here comes the bride...   Here comes the bride... Empty

Back to top Go down

Here comes the bride...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Falling for Love :: Relationships with Egyptians-
Jump to: