Falling for Love
Don't forget to check out the new Word of the Day! Very Happy
Falling for Love
Don't forget to check out the new Word of the Day! Very Happy
Falling for Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place dedicated to Western-Egyptian relationships, where those who have experience can share, and those who are just beginning can explore.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Drinknig water in Egypt.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
lanita1000
Contributor
Contributor
lanita1000

Contributions Made: : 90

Drinknig water in Egypt. Empty
PostSubject: Drinknig water in Egypt.   Drinknig water in Egypt. EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 11:50 pm

Several times I have been warned from people who have visited Egypt to not drink the water when I go . They have all told me to drink bottled water only. This restriction they warn me of also includes ice cubes. I never really asked why I shouldn't drink the water. Could it be that maybe I will grow an enormous amount of facial hair, turn green or grow an extra leg? LOL Can anyone shed some light on this subject? Question Question Question
Back to top Go down
YallaBina
Obsessed Poster
Obsessed Poster
YallaBina

Contributions Made: : 145

PostSubject: Re: Drinknig water in Egypt.   Drinknig water in Egypt. EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 12:24 am

lanita1000 wrote:
Several times I have been warned from people who have visited Egypt to not drink the water when I go . They have all told me to drink bottled water only. This restriction they warn me of also includes ice cubes. I never really asked why I shouldn't drink the water. Could it be that maybe I will grow an enormous amount of facial hair, turn green or grow an extra leg? LOL Can anyone shed some light on this subject? Question Question Question

This is a good one for our Egyptian members to answer, but I will say that I asked my fiance once about drinking the water...and apparently, it's just in certain areas that you should avoid the water. For instance, he works in Sinai, and ALWAYS drinks bottled water. He said the water is not clean enough there to drink (And this does include ice cubes, cause when they melt, you'll be drinking the local water). But, his home is in Ismailia. He said the water is much cleaner there, and okay to drink. So, I'm guessing, the more modern cities have safe water for drinking, whereas smaller cities or the Sinai Peninsula aren't up to drinking standards. I imagine the effects would be an upset stomach, and MANY trips to the restroom!

***BUT, as much as I love him and trust him, I think I will stick to bottled water no matter where I'm at. (At least until my stomach is used to the local food, etc) Better safe than sorry!
Back to top Go down
lanita1000
Contributor
Contributor
lanita1000

PostSubject: Re: Drinknig water in Egypt.   Drinknig water in Egypt. EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 12:36 am

I had planned to drink bottled water too, but was curious to know just in case I am at a restaurant etc.. I would be so embarrassed if I spent most of my time on the toilet.. affraid My love always tells me that we will be doing everything together..but this does not include bathroom privileges LOL
Back to top Go down
Misr_is_Love
Administrator
Misr_is_Love

Contributions Made: : 228

PostSubject: Re: Drinknig water in Egypt.   Drinknig water in Egypt. EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 1:00 am

Hey girlies,

Yes, some water in Egypt is cleaner than others, however, not drinking the local water doesn't apply only to Egypt! It's important, when travelling internationally, to stay away from the local water as much as possible. The reasoning is because every country has its own forms of bacteria. Even when you move from one place to another within the United States, you can get an upset tummy for awhile if drinking fountain water, until your stomach gets used to it. It's not that the water in Egypt is just so nasty that it would kill you, but rather that the bacteria in Egypt is different than what our bodies are immune to. If you plan to bring your future hubbies over to the US, it would be wise for him to do the same here. It's all about the differences in what our bodies are used to. I lived in Egypt for one year, and during that time, still didn't get my body used to the local water. Don't forget that the food has water in it! The fruits in Egypt are amazing but you have to remember to take it slowly, because fruits are loaded with water. I got sick a lot from eating too many grapes. All of my friends from Europe also experienced the same sicknesses. Some were there for two or three years, and still had to be careful about what they ate. If you're in a tourist location, no one is going to blame you for asking for a bottle of water. If you're going to be out and about in a place that's not a tourist location, you can usually still find bottles water in small shops. So, don't be worried about being stuck in a situation where you'll have to drink the local water, and yes, you should try to stay away from it as much as possible, as you can. If you plan to live there for quite some time, you can start getting your body used to it, but take it slowly and buy lots of medicine. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://oneheartinegypt.blogspot.com/
lanita1000
Contributor
Contributor
lanita1000

PostSubject: Re: Drinknig water in Egypt.   Drinknig water in Egypt. EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 1:01 am

Well I just talked to my Mish Mish about the water issue and he told me it will be ok.. That he knows how to take care of me LOL i guess he told me LOL lol!
Back to top Go down
Misr_is_Love
Administrator
Misr_is_Love

PostSubject: Re: Drinknig water in Egypt.   Drinknig water in Egypt. EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 9:26 pm

lol, BAM Duh
Back to top Go down
lanita1000
Contributor
Contributor
lanita1000

PostSubject: Re: Drinknig water in Egypt.   Drinknig water in Egypt. EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 9:29 pm

He also said he would have medication for me just in case LOL.... that sounds reassuring Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Misr_is_Love
Administrator
Misr_is_Love

PostSubject: Re: Drinknig water in Egypt.   Drinknig water in Egypt. EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 9:41 pm

Yeah right... lol.

Seriously though, stick with bottled water as much as you can and try to eat at home as much as possible. That should help your tummy. Seriously, travelers sickness is NOT the same as just getting an upset tummy over here. It will make you unable to leave the house or do anything fun outside, so if you don't want to stay cooped up for days in the bathroom, best to take precautions. Wink
Back to top Go down
YallaBina
Obsessed Poster
Obsessed Poster
YallaBina

Contributions Made: : 145

PostSubject: Re: Drinknig water in Egypt.   Drinknig water in Egypt. EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 12:19 am

Misr_is_Love wrote:

Seriously, travelers sickness is NOT the same as just getting an upset tummy over here. It will make you unable to leave the house or do anything fun outside, so if you don't want to stay cooped up for days in the bathroom, best to take precautions. Wink

AKA: Pharaoh's Revenge farao
Back to top Go down
Misr_is_Love
Administrator
Misr_is_Love

PostSubject: Re: Drinknig water in Egypt.   Drinknig water in Egypt. EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 8:58 pm

Exactly Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drinknig water in Egypt.   Drinknig water in Egypt. Empty

Back to top Go down

Drinknig water in Egypt.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Falling for Love :: Living in Egypt-
Jump to: