Falling for Love
Don't forget to check out the new Word of the Day! Very Happy
Falling for Love
Don't forget to check out the new Word of the Day! Very Happy
Falling for Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place dedicated to Western-Egyptian relationships, where those who have experience can share, and those who are just beginning can explore.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Visa Regulations?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Misr_is_Love
Administrator
Misr_is_Love

Contributions Made: : 228

New Visa Regulations? Empty
PostSubject: New Visa Regulations?   New Visa Regulations? EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 9:15 pm

So, I was speaking with Amber the other day, and she said that Egypt was planning to redo their visa laws for foreigners coming to Egypt. We've both been trying to do some research and to figure out what's going on, but it has been difficult, because so far, no offical plans have been made.

Here's what we know:

- The new system may be in place as early as next week

- The new laws would require everyone wishing to travel to Egypt to obtain a visa prior to arrival (meaning that you could no longer get them at the airport)

- Visa extensions will not be granted to foreigners wishing to stay more than one month

- Students applying for student visas will only be granted a visa if they are currently enrolled in an Egyptian public university (meaning that all students now enrolled in private colleges are being driven out of the country)

- The main reason for the changes has not been stated, but it is assumed that they are happening due to the pressure from the Egyptian citizens, who believe that the foreingers are ruining the country and stealing the Egyptian's rights to their own jobs

Do you know anything more?

Last edited by Misr_is_Love on Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://oneheartinegypt.blogspot.com/
missirish
Occasional Poster
Occasional Poster

Contributions Made: : 36

PostSubject: Re: New Visa Regulations?   New Visa Regulations? EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 2:39 pm

Its not going ahead.. Egyptian authorities cancelled their intentions to enforce this today (Sunday 11/9)

http://thedailynewsegypt.com/tourism/changes-to-egypt-visa-regulations-revoked.html

Back to top Go down
Misr_is_Love
Administrator
Misr_is_Love

Contributions Made: : 228

PostSubject: Re: New Visa Regulations?   New Visa Regulations? EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 10:51 pm

Thank Goodness!

That was going to be a nightmare for Egypt if they actually decided to go through with it. I wonder what's going to happen to the people they already sent home in the process of making all of those decisions though. Like the students who were denied visa extensions to continue studying in private colleges... Rolling Eyes

Thanks for the information!
Back to top Go down
http://oneheartinegypt.blogspot.com/
YallaBina
Obsessed Poster
Obsessed Poster
YallaBina

Contributions Made: : 145

PostSubject: Re: New Visa Regulations?   New Visa Regulations? EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 2:29 am

I agree, thank goodness!

It figures something like this would be in the works before I come LOL. Fingers crossed they keep these visa regulations revoked!

And Mandy! I'm happy to see you on here! I was just about to send you a Facebook message. Hope all is well Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Visa Regulations?   New Visa Regulations? Empty

Back to top Go down

New Visa Regulations?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Falling for Love :: Living in Egypt-
Jump to: