Falling for Love
Don't forget to check out the new Word of the Day! Very Happy
Falling for Love
Don't forget to check out the new Word of the Day! Very Happy
Falling for Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place dedicated to Western-Egyptian relationships, where those who have experience can share, and those who are just beginning can explore.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Egyptian Tempers

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
lanita1000
Contributor
Contributor
lanita1000

Contributions Made: : 90

Egyptian Tempers Empty
PostSubject: Egyptian Tempers   Egyptian Tempers EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 1:30 am

When someone masters this let me know Laughing I have a hard head, my love has a hard head LOL someones got to give!!!
Back to top Go down
Misr_is_Love
Administrator
Misr_is_Love

Contributions Made: : 228

Egyptian Tempers Empty
PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Tempers   Egyptian Tempers EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 10:37 am

lol, try the "I love you" thing, nonstop.

My husband and I were listening to the radio a few months ago, and this man came on to talk about the differences between men and women. He basically said that when men get frustrated, they want to escape and when they come back later, eventually, they just want to forget it ever happened. Women, on the other hand, want to fix things right away and usually end up having meltdowns when the guy storms off. (That's not to say that women are always like that or men either, but rather to say, in general, there are these two types of people). The man's solution to the problem was to have whoever is storming off, turn around and say, "I really love you so much (enter name here)". Then, that person might still walk away, but with a much better atmosphere than before. What happens with us is that now, everytime one of us gets agitated, we say to the other that we love them, and we both end up laughing and not caring that we were upset a second ago. (I know I've already mentioned this to you, but I thought that for the sake of the forum, I'd share it with others as well)

I've also found that from the guy's side... many Egyptian men aren't used to being confronted about stuff. They're usually able to grow up doing whatever it is that they want to do, and expect their wives to just sit back and be okay with that. They don't expect to be with a woman who is going to say, "Hey, where are you going?" when they put on their shoes and walk outside with the car keys in their hand. Or someone who will say, "Honey, the toilet seat goes DOWN after you finish..." (Thank GOODNESS I don't have that problem.) The majority of the women just do whatever with their friends or family, and the men do whatever with their friends or family. And if the guy loves the girl, generally he will ask where she is going, but vice versa isn't reciprocated very well. At least, that's what I've seen from living in Egypt and speaking with so many Egyptians, there in Egypt and also in the US. I think that our "problem" as Western women is that we aren't afraid to speak up and say what's on our minds. I think that they get used to that, after a while. Mine actually loves that about me, but in the beginning, it can really throw your relationship for a curve!!

My advice (not that I've conquered anythingg in life yet) would be to just try to take it easy. I'm the kind of gal that has to have her house exactly like she wants it. So as a result, most of my tension comes from things not being placed back where they should have been. I've found that if I try to control myself when my husband is not around, it helps me cool down a lot faster when he is. After all, practice makes perfect. Rolling Eyes

Other than that, I'd just say that lots of communication (though I'm sure your counterpart will hate me for saying that) about what's being felt is what's going on with each of you is the only other thing that I can think of. And if you do storm off angry, write a letter to your love (if you give it to him or not), and you should feel better in no time. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://oneheartinegypt.blogspot.com/

Egyptian Tempers
Page 1 of 1