Falling for Love
Don't forget to check out the new Word of the Day! Very Happy
Falling for Love
Don't forget to check out the new Word of the Day! Very Happy
Falling for Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place dedicated to Western-Egyptian relationships, where those who have experience can share, and those who are just beginning can explore.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Egyptian Mother-in-laws

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Misr_is_Love
Administrator
Misr_is_Love

Contributions Made: : 228

Egyptian Mother-in-laws  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Mother-in-laws    Egyptian Mother-in-laws  - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 8:45 pm

Haha, yeah... they sure do love their babies. o.o My husband's side of the family keeps saying "Hurry up you guys, we want kids!!" and my side of the family keeps telling me, "You better not have kids any time soon. It will ruin your life." (Because they don't want me to have to leave school before I finish). Mohamed and I want to be comfortable with our lives and have stability before we even think along those lines. AND we have to get a pet first. It's good practice for men. And, I've found, because of the huge differences in culture, I want to make darn sure that everything is done how I know it should be done. No spoiling the kids, no joking with them in ways that may scar them for life, etc. So, it's a cat first, and we both want our own dogs (He wants a German Shephard and I want a Samoyed), but I've read that it's better to have at least one kid first, so the dog is used to kids, instead of having the dog grow up used to only adults. Supposedly they will be gentler with children if they grow up with them. Something like that. It's all so complicable, and that's just about the dogs!!! D:
Back to top Go down
http://oneheartinegypt.blogspot.com/
YallaBina
Obsessed Poster
Obsessed Poster
YallaBina

Contributions Made: : 145

PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Mother-in-laws    Egyptian Mother-in-laws  - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 9:30 pm

That's a good idea...practice on the cat first lol cat

And I agree about the dogs...it probably would be better to wait until you had a little one before you add a dog to the mix. That way they're raised around each other...you never know how dogs will react. I have a mini dachshund...and he would be soooo jealous if there was a baby around! haha

About Egyptians loving those babies hehehe. I can't believe how many Facebook profile pics I've seen of babies...little blonde hair, blue eyed babies! It's too funny! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Misr_is_Love
Administrator
Misr_is_Love

PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Mother-in-laws    Egyptian Mother-in-laws  - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 11:20 pm

Haha, yeah... and the way they're allowed to act with the kids!!! Totally different than here... If a total stranger walked up to my child and patted them on the head, or KISSED them on the cheek, boy.... I would be so crazy that I'm not sure what I would do. And yet, in Egypt (in general), children will feel left out and unloved if you don't! I remember seeing my father-in-law go up to very small children and tickle them and things like that. Can you imagine if someone you didn't walked up to your child and started tickling them? Oh my goodness, lol. In Egypt, that's how they show love to children; in America, that's how people get sued.
Back to top Go down
YallaBina
Obsessed Poster
Obsessed Poster
YallaBina

PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Mother-in-laws    Egyptian Mother-in-laws  - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 1:30 am

Misr_is_Love wrote:
Haha, yeah... and the way they're allowed to act with the kids!!! Totally different than here... If a total stranger walked up to my child and patted them on the head, or KISSED them on the cheek, boy.... I would be so crazy that I'm not sure what I would do. And yet, in Egypt (in general), children will feel left out and unloved if you don't! I remember seeing my father-in-law go up to very small children and tickle them and things like that. Can you imagine if someone you didn't walked up to your child and started tickling them? Oh my goodness, lol. In Egypt, that's how they show love to children; in America, that's how people get sued.

Ohhh it's a good thing you mentioned that about Egypt! That saves me from having to whip out my pepper spray haha. Yeah, you definitely couldn't get away with that here!

I've also noticed that safety isn't a top priority either LOL. I was on Skype one day and caught my 1 yr old niece sitting behind Peter, chewing on the laptop cord! affraid AHHHHHH! Luckily my reaction freaked Peter out and he got her away from it. Another time, she had a little disney play cell phone for toddlers...and it came with a string to wear as a necklace. She had it around her neck swinging it and twisting it around. Ummm, choking hazard? Shocked In America, that toy would have been recalled LOL. They are going to think I am one overprotective mama haha

Back to top Go down
Misr_is_Love
Administrator
Misr_is_Love

PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Mother-in-laws    Egyptian Mother-in-laws  - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 5:32 pm

Haha, probably!! But at least you'll know you're doing the right thing. I think it's important to let kids have the right to make their own mistakes and learn what it's like to get hurt and recover from it, but where do you draw the line, you know? One time I was sitting at the computer doing my homework and video chatting with Mohamed when I stil lived in the US (before we got married) and my mother's friend's daughter, who was about 4 at the time, came up and told me to move so she could use the computer (this was at my house, by the way, lol) and I told her I had to do my homework. She came back five minutes later, said it again, then five minutes later... etc. Until Mohamed was like, "Claire, why aren't you letting her use the computer? It's fine, I can talk to you later." I was like, "WHAT?! She's 4... why does she need the computer? Also, it was at my house and she was a guest and I had homework... lol) Computer culture is another thing I don't think we've mentioned. Where my husband is from, it's normal to get on the computer at your friend's house while they watch TV or something. You can even download whatever you want to download... o.O
Back to top Go down
lanita1000
Contributor
Contributor
lanita1000

Contributions Made: : 90

PostSubject: LOVE LOVE LOVE MY EGYPTIAN MOTHER IN LAW    Egyptian Mother-in-laws  - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 1:25 am

I love you I love you I love you Just want to say that I I love you my new mom. She is soooooooo freaking cute!! I just wanted to squeeze her cheeks and hug her forever. I felt very sad when I left Cairo. She seemed so sad Crying or Very sad She loved the Scentsy warmer and candle wax refills i brought her from the U.S. Very Happy Next time I will definitely take her some nice cooking pots & pans. I wanted to my first visit, but thought i would wait until my next. My new sisters were very kind and loving too. I really enjoyed his family. It was nothing like I expected, and feel silly now about how I was so nervous to meet them. I miss them all dearly Sad
Back to top Go down
Misr_is_Love
Administrator
Misr_is_Love

PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Mother-in-laws    Egyptian Mother-in-laws  - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 5:03 pm

Hey love,

I miss talking to you! Also, I'm really glad that you had such a wonderful trip. Aren't you going back soon? Can't wait to hear about it (though it's like what, almost a year later!!! Boy, time flies...)
Back to top Go down
YallaBina
Obsessed Poster
Obsessed Poster
YallaBina

PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Mother-in-laws    Egyptian Mother-in-laws  - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 8:41 am

lanita1000 wrote:
I love you I love you I love you Just want to say that I I love you my new mom. She is soooooooo freaking cute!! I just wanted to squeeze her cheeks and hug her forever. I felt very sad when I left Cairo. She seemed so sad Crying or Very sad She loved the Scentsy warmer and candle wax refills i brought her from the U.S. Very Happy Next time I will definitely take her some nice cooking pots & pans. I wanted to my first visit, but thought i would wait until my next. My new sisters were very kind and loving too. I really enjoyed his family. It was nothing like I expected, and feel silly now about how I was so nervous to meet them. I miss them all dearly Sad

I love the profile pic Anito....cute! I'm so happy to hear you and Momo's family have hit if off! I can sooo tell his sister loves you...and isn't she the prettiest? I hope you get to come and visit again soon...or that Momo gets to come to you soon. I'm so sad I didn't get a chance to see you while in Sharm! Your pics looked amazing from the last visit...I LOVE Sharm...it's my fav place I've visited here Sun Bathe

Ohhh, and I get to see my Egyptian Mama in 2 weeks! My brother-in-law is getting married, so Peter and I are going to Ismailia for a week! I can't wait! Walk Like an Egyptia
Back to top Go down
lanita1000
Contributor
Contributor
lanita1000

Contributions Made: : 90

PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Mother-in-laws    Egyptian Mother-in-laws  - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 23, 2012 9:13 pm

[ I fell in love with Sharm!! It was the best vacation I have ever had. I didn't get to see my mom, but will make up for it later. Yay, Peter's brother is getting married soon!! You will have to post pics.
Back to top Go down
hmaaki

Contributions Made: : 2

PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Mother-in-laws    Egyptian Mother-in-laws  - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 10:45 am

Hi all Smile

I was so happy reading your stories and how awesome the relationship between your new families is. I am new to this forum and can say that it's simply amazing! Well I have been with my love for about 8 months he is copt. He is the love of my life and we have talked about marriage and our kids, he tells me he see's me as his wife(that's why dressing modest is a must) which I did anyway because of my strict Christian background. Well anyway as you all know with traditional Egyptians there is no dating. I have not met his family however his mom did see a picture of me and is already sensing something between us. Of course the topic of "I want you to marry an Egyptian girl" came up Crying or Very sad

They tried talking about it last week and even though he hasn't told them straightforward about me they are already sensing that there is something going on with him and a non-Egyptian girl(hispanic) and his mom was upset and told him that girls from here(USA) are not good(divorce, lifestyle, etc) and that how were we going to communicate(she doesn't speak english) and Ana betkallum schway masri Neutral
Anyway did any of you deal with this before being accepted into the family for being a non-Egyptian?? I'm just so scared that things can get ruined with my love because his family or most importantly his mother might not accept me after all. pale
I had pictured me going over to their home, helping her cook, teaching each other our language, and just being part of their family. Up to this day this has not happened(his parents are in USA and the rest of the family in Egypt). I'm just praying for the best.
Back to top Go down
YallaBina
Obsessed Poster
Obsessed Poster
YallaBina

PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Mother-in-laws    Egyptian Mother-in-laws  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 8:59 pm

lanita1000 wrote:
[ I fell in love with Sharm!! It was the best vacation I have ever had. I didn't get to see my mom, but will make up for it later. Yay, Peter's brother is getting married soon!! You will have to post pics.

Did you see the wedding pics I posted on facebook? It was a lovely wedding! And my sister-in-law looked so beautiful! Egyptian weddings are FUN FUN!
Back to top Go down
YallaBina
Obsessed Poster
Obsessed Poster
YallaBina

PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Mother-in-laws    Egyptian Mother-in-laws  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 9:09 pm

Sargrk wrote:
Hi all Smile

I was so happy reading your stories and how awesome the relationship between your new families is. I am new to this forum and can say that it's simply amazing! Well I have been with my love for about 8 months he is copt. He is the love of my life and we have talked about marriage and our kids, he tells me he see's me as his wife(that's why dressing modest is a must) which I did anyway because of my strict Christian background. Well anyway as you all know with traditional Egyptians there is no dating. I have not met his family however his mom did see a picture of me and is already sensing something between us. Of course the topic of "I want you to marry an Egyptian girl" came up Crying or Very sad

They tried talking about it last week and even though he hasn't told them straightforward about me they are already sensing that there is something going on with him and a non-Egyptian girl(hispanic) and his mom was upset and told him that girls from here(USA) are not good(divorce, lifestyle, etc) and that how were we going to communicate(she doesn't speak english) and Ana betkallum schway masri Neutral
Anyway did any of you deal with this before being accepted into the family for being a non-Egyptian?? I'm just so scared that things can get ruined with my love because his family or most importantly his mother might not accept me after all. pale
I had pictured me going over to their home, helping her cook, teaching each other our language, and just being part of their family. Up to this day this has not happened(his parents are in USA and the rest of the family in Egypt). I'm just praying for the best.

Hello, and welcome to the forum! A Coptic Christian? We have that in common...my husband and his family are Coptic as well (and me too now! but they attend a Protestant Church Smile ) Sorry to hear that about his family. Most of the Coptic Christians I have met here are very open minded, and actually have great opinions towards Americans. Perhaps his family is just more strict and traditional than the average. We have that in the US as well. I have heard of others who have had this same problem with the boy's parents...either because of nationality, or because the girl is from a different religion.

Perhaps if they finally get to meet you, or if they see the seriousness of the relationship, they will come around with open arms. There are some very loving and warm families here in Egypt. Nothing is better than an Egyptian Mama Wink Jut give it some time. I'm sure a visit would really help the relationship with his parents. Hopefully some day Smile Best wishes to you both!
Back to top Go down
hmaaki

Contributions Made: : 2

PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Mother-in-laws    Egyptian Mother-in-laws  - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 3:58 pm

YallaBina wrote:
Sargrk wrote:
Hi all Smile

Hello, and welcome to the forum! A Coptic Christian? We have that in common...my husband and his family are Coptic as well (and me too now! but they attend a Protestant Church Smile ) Sorry to hear that about his family. Most of the Coptic Christians I have met here are very open minded, and actually have great opinions towards Americans. Perhaps his family is just more strict and traditional than the average. We have that in the US as well. I have heard of others who have had this same problem with the boy's parents...either because of nationality, or because the girl is from a different religion.

Perhaps if they finally get to meet you, or if they see the seriousness of the relationship, they will come around with open arms. There are some very loving and warm families here in Egypt. Nothing is better than an Egyptian Mama Wink Jut give it some time. I'm sure a visit would really help the relationship with his parents. Hopefully some day Smile Best wishes to you both!

Thank you so much for your words Smile and I hope so. His parents actually live here in the US as well. But they haven’t been here long, just a few years. I believe they are just scared of a girl from a different nationality because of divorce? And that I may not have the same values on family as an Egyptian girl would. And me coming from divorced parents does not help at all :’( but trust me that is not what I want. I want my marriage to be lifetime because my parents divorced has affected me and my sisters so much. I don’t know but it would be very nice to have support of another mother. We will see what happens with time. I hope I can visit Egypt some day but since my bf lives here with his parents then at the moment or near future there is no travel plans.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Egyptian Mother-in-laws    Egyptian Mother-in-laws  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Egyptian Mother-in-laws
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2