Falling for Love
Don't forget to check out the new Word of the Day! Very Happy
Falling for Love
Don't forget to check out the new Word of the Day! Very Happy
Falling for Love
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place dedicated to Western-Egyptian relationships, where those who have experience can share, and those who are just beginning can explore.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Internet connection in Cairo Egypt

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
lanita1000
Contributor
Contributor
lanita1000

Contributions Made: : 90

Internet connection in Cairo  Egypt Empty
PostSubject: Internet connection in Cairo Egypt   Internet connection in Cairo  Egypt EmptyFri Aug 26, 2011 11:53 pm

Ok so it has been 5 days since I have seen my honey.. The one day I was going to be able to skype with him the internet was down AGAIN. Sometimes when we are talking to each other the internet disconnects right in the middle of our conversation and never comes back on.. Why must it be so hard to see the one I love????????????? Sad
Back to top Go down
Misr_is_Love
Administrator
Misr_is_Love

Contributions Made: : 228

PostSubject: Re: Internet connection in Cairo Egypt   Internet connection in Cairo  Egypt EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 2:54 am

What internet service is he using? Also, if there was ever a problem like that, he could always go to an internet cafe to meet with you. If that's an option.

I know what you mean though. It's SO frustrating! The electricity in my husband's village went off almost weekly. They would cut the electricity off during elections, to force people to vote, and for other political reasons. They would also sometimes cut it off just to give it to bigger towns, because they were running low. Mad

I'm sorry that you didn't get to talk to your sweety today though. Sad Keep your chin up!
Back to top Go down
http://oneheartinegypt.blogspot.com/
YallaBina
Obsessed Poster
Obsessed Poster
YallaBina

Contributions Made: : 145

PostSubject: Re: Internet connection in Cairo Egypt   Internet connection in Cairo  Egypt EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 3:17 am

Ohhhh that's so frustrating! Just think...when you're finally together, you won't have to deal with that connection problem anymore! Like I tell my fiance...when I'm in Egypt, I'm never using Skype again! Smile

I have a similar problem, not with his internet, but with the electricity. It is so common for the electricity to just cut off for 10, 20, 30 minutes. And is it just me, or does it only cut off when we're talking? haha. And usually, I'm just sitting on Skype, staring at the computer screen, wondering where my fiance went to lol.
Back to top Go down
MadamBahnasi

Contributions Made: : 14

PostSubject: Re: Internet connection in Cairo Egypt   Internet connection in Cairo  Egypt EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 12:53 pm

Hi first of all we must figure out what area he lives in. This is very important and then we determine if he is using the right internet. If he is using a USB and is NOT in the city he will NEVER keep internet connection.

I lived in Helwan, Maadi areas and had perfect internet connection on my vodafone usb. the best is LinkDot for DSL. TEData is okay but LinkDot is much better. If he is in the city and his dsl isnt working then he needs to call the company because there is probably a problem yes in Egypt the internet is spotty however, it very rarely stays down for longer then 48 hours.

lanita1000 wrote:
Ok so it has been 5 days since I have seen my honey.. The one day I was going to be able to skype with him the internet was down AGAIN. Sometimes when we are talking to each other the internet disconnects right in the middle of our conversation and never comes back on.. Why must it be so hard to see the one I love????????????? Sad
Back to top Go down
MadamBahnasi

PostSubject: Re: Internet connection in Cairo Egypt   Internet connection in Cairo  Egypt EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 1:00 pm

Misr_is_Love wrote:
They would cut the electricity off during elections, to force people to vote, and for other political reasons. They would also sometimes cut it off just to give it to bigger towns, because they were running low. Mad

You do know they dont cut off the electiricity to give it to larger towns and cities LOL... the reason the electricity cuts off has been political however never for other towns. The do however cut it off if they are making a political statement. each town has its own electrical setup. And the power cannot be rerouted to bigger towns but what does happen is that the electrical circuits break, bust, blow up because of an energy surge or bad technology. Anyway the fact is that electricity does go out often and in Egypt more often then not it is just simply because the technology is outdated and the equipment is very bad.
Back to top Go down
Misr_is_Love
Administrator
Misr_is_Love

PostSubject: Re: Internet connection in Cairo Egypt   Internet connection in Cairo  Egypt EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 4:29 pm

MadamBahnasi wrote:
Misr_is_Love wrote:
They would cut the electricity off during elections, to force people to vote, and for other political reasons. They would also sometimes cut it off just to give it to bigger towns, because they were running low. Mad

You do know they dont cut off the electiricity to give it to larger towns and cities LOL... the reason the electricity cuts off has been political however never for other towns. The do however cut it off if they are making a political statement. each town has its own electrical setup. And the power cannot be rerouted to bigger towns but what does happen is that the electrical circuits break, bust, blow up because of an energy surge or bad technology. Anyway the fact is that electricity does go out often and in Egypt more often then not it is just simply because the technology is outdated and the equipment is very bad.

Well, I lived in a very small village between Mansoura and Damietta, near El Zarka, and yes, the electricity was cut off very often. It was usually cut off two or three nights during each week, for about 3-4 hours at a time. During elections, it was cut off every night from around 8:00 or 9:00 pm until usually just before the sun came up (or until everyone in the village voted). The place where the electricity is generated does have the ability to reroute the electricity, in that if less is taken from one area, more can be given to another area. Towns have electrical generators, yes, but small villages get their electricity from the small towns. My husband was a lawyer in Egypt, and was therefore (and still is) very aware of the situation with the electricity. Of course electricity from a larger area would never be cut off just to give more electricity to another place, because there are many people living there. But when you are in a small village of only a few hundred people, it does happen, and it happens quite often. Sometimes the man at the generator would cut the electricity to the village just so that everyone would come pay him to turn it back on. Of course, the villagers would just have to argue with him for hours, and his ploys usually never worked, but he did succeed in putting everyone on edge. All I can say is that living in a small village is a lot different than in a town, or a large city. You aren't looked after by any other places, and you certainly aren't high on the list of important places. Power surges do occur, because of currents being too strong and circuits breaking, but from my experience, this was only a very small percentage of our electricity cuts. Anyway, I think that the lesson here is just that living in different places in Egypt is always a different experience. Even Cairo itself has a few different sets of cultures, from the wealthy, who live in one lifestyle, to those in Giza,to those living in Qarafa, el-Arafa. And Alexandria is much different than Mansoura, which is much different than Damietta, which again is much different than Port Said, which doesn't even compare to the lifestyles in Sharbin. Hurghada and Sharm el-Sheikh are much different than even Dahab, which is only an hour away, and Upper Egypt is just another topic in and of itself. So, we should all be careful not to assume that everyone will have the same experiences in different places. Smile
Back to top Go down
MadamBahnasi

PostSubject: Re: Internet connection in Cairo Egypt   Internet connection in Cairo  Egypt EmptySat Aug 27, 2011 6:58 pm

]color=violet] I just had a friend leave Mansoura Sad she was so miserable there. But her husband worked in Suez and wouldnt let her out.. I lived in Helwan, Maadi, and Mokattum and we always lost power same day same time of every week. It was horrible completely hated it but at least we knew what time and when LOL.

Egypt is Egypt and unless you Love it... you hate it LOL... haha I miss Egypt and the quirks of egypt water and electricity LOL... i remember going to take a shower getting in soaping up and the water cutting off...

farao [/color]

Misr_is_Love wrote:
MadamBahnasi wrote:
Misr_is_Love wrote:

Well, I lived in a very small village between Mansoura and Damietta, near El Zarka, and yes, the electricity was cut off very often. It was usually cut off two or three nights during each week, for about 3-4 hours at a time. During elections, it was cut off every night from around 8:00 or 9:00 pm until usually just before the sun came up (or until everyone in the village voted). The place where the electricity is generated does have the ability to reroute the electricity, in that if less is taken from one area, more can be given to another area. Towns have electrical generators, yes, but small villages get their electricity from the small towns. My husband was a lawyer in Egypt, and was therefore (and still is) very aware of the situation with the electricity. Of course electricity from a larger area would never be cut off just to give more electricity to another place, because there are many people living there. But when you are in a small village of only a few hundred people, it does happen, and it happens quite often. Sometimes the man at the generator would cut the electricity to the village just so that everyone would come pay him to turn it back on. Of course, the villagers would just have to argue with him for hours, and his ploys usually never worked, but he did succeed in putting everyone on edge. All I can say is that living in a small village is a lot different than in a town, or a large city. You aren't looked after by any other places, and you certainly aren't high on the list of important places. Power surges do occur, because of currents being too strong and circuits breaking, but from my experience, this was only a very small percentage of our electricity cuts. Anyway, I think that the lesson here is just that living in different places in Egypt is always a different experience. Even Cairo itself has a few different sets of cultures, from the wealthy, who live in one lifestyle, to those in Giza,to those living in Qarafa, el-Arafa. And Alexandria is much different than Mansoura, which is much different than Damietta, which again is much different than Port Said, which doesn't even compare to the lifestyles in Sharbin. Hurghada and Sharm el-Sheikh are much different than even Dahab, which is only an hour away, and Upper Egypt is just another topic in and of itself. So, we should all be careful not to assume that everyone will have the same experiences in different places. Smile
Back to top Go down
lanita1000
Contributor
Contributor
lanita1000

Contributions Made: : 90

PostSubject: Re: Internet connection in Cairo Egypt   Internet connection in Cairo  Egypt EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 9:12 pm

LOL I did not mean to post my internet connection problems in the cultural difference section Embarassed Yes, Yalla bina I can't wait for us to be together to where I don't have to endure the toying of my emotions due to his internet connection LOL Thanks to the others who posted too... I am not sure what internet connection he uses but will ask him next time. As soon as Ramadan is over things will go back to normal and I will see him more often. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
missirish
Occasional Poster
Occasional Poster

Contributions Made: : 36

PostSubject: Internet connection in egypt   Internet connection in Cairo  Egypt EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 9:02 am

Oh i hate the internet in Egypt.. It has caused many an argument for us believe meeeeeeeeeee. I have been fit to throw my laptop out the window. I hate the bad connection there..... He is impressed by my net .. My better half says he uses me for my 20 MB Net that he wants nothing more from me, that as long as i have my Net connection, he will love me forever Wink hahahahhahahah
Back to top Go down
YallaBina
Obsessed Poster
Obsessed Poster
YallaBina

PostSubject: Re: Internet connection in Cairo Egypt   Internet connection in Cairo  Egypt EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 4:17 pm

missirish wrote:

Oh i hate the internet in Egypt.. It has caused many an argument for us believe meeeeeeeeeee. I have been fit to throw my laptop out the window. I hate the bad connection there..... He is impressed by my net .. My better half says he uses me for my 20 MB Net that he wants nothing more from me, that as long as i have my Net connection, he will love me forever Wink hahahahhahahah

hahahahha miss Mandy! We better add "internet connection" to the list of "why your Egyptian lover may be using you". I kid, I kid...if we can't stop the negativity out there, at least we can joke about it! And I can soooo picture you chucking your laptop out the window. Those Irish tempers...lol

Back to top Go down
missirish
Occasional Poster
Occasional Poster

PostSubject: Re: Internet connection in Cairo Egypt   Internet connection in Cairo  Egypt EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 7:07 pm

Well i have to admit, (My natural good looks, wonderful wit, and irish charm aside)..... My 20 MB net is very attractive don't you agree?????? ..
The 20 MB net completes the package !!!!!!..
Back to top Go down
Misr_is_Love
Administrator
Misr_is_Love

PostSubject: Re: Internet connection in Cairo Egypt   Internet connection in Cairo  Egypt EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 8:02 pm

You've got a point there... 20 MB is pretty attractive. You better hope the girl next door doesn't get 25 MB, or you might need to upgrade! (How horrible is it that I'm enjoying all of this to the degree that I have postponed my dinner for 3 hours now) Very Happy
Back to top Go down
missirish
Occasional Poster
Occasional Poster

PostSubject: Re: Internet connection in Cairo Egypt   Internet connection in Cairo  Egypt EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 8:05 pm

woooow i never thought of that!!!!!! Should i upgrade my net?????????????

Maybe not, the neighbour is old and a bit chubby......... oh emmmmm i should upgrade right!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
YallaBina
Obsessed Poster
Obsessed Poster
YallaBina

PostSubject: Re: Internet connection in Cairo Egypt   Internet connection in Cairo  Egypt EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 8:10 pm

missirish wrote:

woooow i never thought of that!!!!!! Should i upgrade my net?????????????

Maybe not, the neighbour is old and a bit chubby......... oh emmmmm i should upgrade right!!!!!!

Yes, you better upgrade, quick and fast...YALLA YALLA!

Old and chubby doesn't sound so bad when you're cruisin' the net at those speeds! hehehehehe
Back to top Go down
missirish
Occasional Poster
Occasional Poster

PostSubject: Re: Internet connection in Cairo Egypt   Internet connection in Cairo  Egypt EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 8:25 pm

Calling my internet provider this minute.. Getting 30 MB just in case !!!!
Back to top Go down
Misr_is_Love
Administrator
Misr_is_Love

PostSubject: Re: Internet connection in Cairo Egypt   Internet connection in Cairo  Egypt EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 9:12 pm

Good idea Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Internet connection in Cairo Egypt   Internet connection in Cairo  Egypt Empty

Back to top Go down

Internet connection in Cairo Egypt
Page 1 of 1